I dont understand the Black ops mod...

Toymachine363

ok so ive used the links that Odin has posted and said that they were black ops mods but i open it and all it does is install a Viking360 hex editor and Hidbootloader. i dont really get it. isnt it suppose to be like an actual macro set? im really confused

Ben

The links for the hex editor are for the LEGACY controllers, by the sounds of it (you mention macros) your using the newer macro controller. If you are just check out the macro library for black ops rapid fire!

However if you do have a Legacy controller the download contains the new hex editor which has "Black Ops" Speed under pre-tuned speeds.

Toymachine363

no on i have a Legacy controller. but every time i downloaded the RAR I just opened it and it installed the new hex editor and the HIDbootloader. i didnt notice anything different though. i didnt see a black ops pre tuned speed. and in the macro forums i also saw a lot of talk about people making epicly fast anti recoil macros. will those ever come to the Legacy controllers? the Legacy controllers need to have a reason to be good for Black ops because i going to try to sell mine but its going to be hard if they can only shoot at 10 SPS and still be slow and skippy. i only want to sell it to buy a macro

odingalt

Staff member
You are either:

a.) downloading the wrong file.
b.) not overwriting your old installation.

Did you double-click on the Viking360 installer.msi ? If you didn't double click on an .msi installer file and follow the prompts, then you got the wrong download.

odingalt

Staff member
Check the date on your config.ini file. Config.ini is found in this folder:

c:\program files\Viking360\Viking360 Preset Editor

On my installation, the config.ini has a file date of 11/10/2010 11:51PM.

If you are missing the black ops speed, then my guess is this config.ini didn't actually get updated for some reason.

apcoop7

Ok I understand what he's saying!

What Odin posted was a link for a version of the hex editor that supports Blackops. Therefore, the hex editor you download will contain options or "mods" for Blackops while keeping everything in the previous versions of the editor the same. There isn't an official Blackops hex for your controller, yet; you are supposed to configure your hex the way you want it.

107ksps.jpg

odingalt

Staff member
Right. Yes I just released the custom driver editor with updated speeds for rapidfire and some updated fast reload speeds for a few guns in Black Ops. As people play (and maybe hopefully post fast reload timings :) ) I can add more of the guns for fast reload.

Jitter mod is exactly the same in Black Ops as previous versions.

Creating your own driver is easy. Once you create your setup, save it, (it will save a .hex file), then flash this .hex file into your legacy controller like normal.

Toymachine363

okay i understand what i was doing wrong before thank you. but in the future are there going to be plans to make anti recoil and like really really fast rapidfires like on MW2?

odingalt

Staff member
Toymachine363 said:
okay i understand what i was doing wrong before thank you. but in the future are there going to be plans to make anti recoil and like really really fast rapidfires like on MW2?

Good questions. I apologize for being snippy or demaning before. I think I need a few days vacation, then I can come back and rock the customer service.

In any case, to answer your questions. The Legacy Controllers aren't wired up to the analog joysticks up/down/left/right. It's only really wired up to the joystick 'press down' or stick click. So there's no way to program any anti-recoil on the legacy controllers.

By really really fast rapidfire on MW2, the speed was about 10.0 shots per second. The top speed we get on Black Ops is 8.9 shots per second. Unless you use jitter mod. You can still use jitter mod on Black Ops, but personally I never really thought jitter mod was very effective except for shotguns - jitter mod is awesome on SPAS-12 on Black Ops.

Try the jitter x,y,y, medium speed on your legacy controller on your SPAS-12.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
What would be good would be jitter on the tac or something... So you can jitter hipfire spray, but keep normal rapidfire for longer ranges.

Toymachine363

odingalt said:
Toymachine363 said:

Good questions. I apologize for being snippy or demaning before. I think I need a few days vacation, then I can come back and rock the customer service.

In any case, to answer your questions. The Legacy Controllers aren't wired up to the analog joysticks up/down/left/right. It's only really wired up to the joystick 'press down' or stick click. So there's no way to program any anti-recoil on the legacy controllers.

By really really fast rapidfire on MW2, the speed was about 10.0 shots per second. The top speed we get on Black Ops is 8.9 shots per second. Unless you use jitter mod. You can still use jitter mod on Black Ops, but personally I never really thought jitter mod was very effective except for shotguns - jitter mod is awesome on SPAS-12 on Black Ops.

Try the jitter x,y,y, medium speed on your legacy controller on your SPAS-12.

well in MW2 someone found that the speed that was the fastest and worked the best was 27.40. it worked awesomely and there was hardly recoil especially on the M21. was that speed found by just random luck or does it work specially compatible with MW2? theres gotta be a "sweet spot" speed for black ops

odingalt

Staff member
The speed 27.40 applied to the old custom driver editor, versions before 0.95. There was a bug in the custom driver editor where it did not implement the custom speeds properly. Therefore when you entered 27.40 in the custom driver editor, the mod chip wasn't playing it back at 27.40 SPS. Not even close. It had to do with incorrect conversions between integers and floating point, which means I can't tell you exactly what speed it WAS playing at. Which meansa that speeds that were supposed to work around 10SPS were also calculating incorrectly. The whole thing was a mess.

The moral of the story is that the calculation bug has been fixed in the new version of the custom driver editor, and that you'll have to go back to the drawing board if you are trying to come up with a magical new speed. There's nothing magical about the custom driver editor, the drivers or the viking controller. The cap for Black Ops is around 8.9 shots per second and there's no voodoo magic about our software that is going to change that.

Now on the Macro controllers the time is extremely accurate, so 8.9 SPS is the best speed. On the Legacy controllers there is some processing overhead and some play in the clock, the speed is going to be somewhere between 11.0 sps and 11.8 sps depending on how good your internet connection is. I've been running my Raven at around 11.2 SPS in the latest version of the custom driver editor.

If you want to try 'overdriving' the speed you are welcome to, but anything over the cap will cause skipping.

NYjetsNY1

PS3andCOD said:
What would be good would be jitter on the tac or something... So you can jitter hipfire spray, but keep normal rapidfire for longer ranges.

exactly... i did this on my macro controller so with the g11 i can snipe long distances, kill long distances, but also be very effective close up