I need help seriously.

Kamikaze

Thor's hammer problem (software)

Okay, so i got this controller a while back ago in june. I've noticed that i can use the preset mods provided by the site, but not the ones you can make by yourself. I've had this trouble before and decided just to deal with it, but now i really want some of the features unavaliable on the ones provided here. I'm not sure if you even support the custom thing anymore since i can't find a re-download link. or if there's a newer version but if anyone can solve my problem it would be appreciated.

Maybe there's something wrong with the file? I would like to test this theory. Someone download it and test it out.

By the way i've used the HID loader that came with the custom one and the original one with the ones made here. Word configuration on/off and debug on/off with several different files. It acts as if just a regular controller sometimes and sometimes it can switch modes but it doesn't do anything.

v360Reflex

Re: Thor's hammer problem (software)

Kamikaze said:
Okay, so i got this controller a while back ago in june. I've noticed that i can use the preset mods provided by the site, but not the ones you can make by yourself. I've had this trouble before and decided just to deal with it, but now i really want some of the features unavaliable on the ones provided here. I'm not sure if you even support the custom thing anymore since i can't find a re-download link. or if there's a newer version but if anyone can solve my problem it would be appreciated..

message M1A1 Viking (Moderator) he has .. everything.. and i mean literally every download... on his PC. lol just PM him and ask him for it..

Kamikaze

I don't need a download...

i've also noticed that when i put invert LED's my main light is 3rd and when i turn it off the main light is 4. Somethings ****** up.

odingalt

Staff member

That sounds correct to me. It's just asking which of the LED's you want associated with each slot.

You can either have Slot A associated with LED3, or LED4.

Slot B will be associated with the LED that is not associated with Slot A.

Kamikaze

I've made a couple post on this already but now i'm getting really impatient with you guys.

I can't get my controller to work with custom hex's on my laptop and i'm pretty sure it doesn't work with my PC eighter knowing that i've probably tried it before.

I downloaded the new preset editor and it still doesn't work. What the hell. If i can't use it with the newer games what the hell is the point?! :evil:

I've tried with the word processer off and on.. with the other program aswell. I've reset it. I've tried a differen't hex made by another user a while ago and none of them work. i haven't gotten anything to work and i've just about tried everything. I just want it to work...

It works with the legacy drivers made to download for yourself. If someone could make me one similar like this in a way it could work. That would be nice..

Further details on my problem are on my other post. (linked when i see someone needs it )

Ben

What exactly is the issue, your controller won't worked when a custom hex is made in the Preset Editor?

Kamikaze

Ben. said:
What exactly is the issue, your controller won't worked when a custom hex is made in the Preset Editor?

Something like that; when i flash my controller with a hex i made in the preset editor it doesn't work. It either switches modes but doesn't do anything, or it's just like a plain controller.

odingalt

Staff member
Can you post the .hex file that comes from the custom driver editor into this thread so we can analyze it?

odingalt

Staff member
Your .hex looks good and works good on my Thor's Hammer. There was one other customer here in the legacy support forums recently having troubles with the drivers that come out of the custom driver editor and it turned out there was a short circuited button on his controller.

Can you download the Button Test Code for your controller from the legacy drivers page and see what you come up with there? (Basically the Button Test Code is just a .hex file that makes your LED's blink a certain way when you push a button. Only one code should blink if you hold down a button. If two codes blink for one button.. or worse yet, if a code is blinking and you aren't hitting any buttons, you might be due for a repair).

Why would it work with the other drivers, but not custom drivers, you ask? It's because of the 'extra' options in the custom driver editor, such as allowing the "both triggers + sync" button or "x + sync button" type of options. The regular drivers aren't expecting all these options. If there is a short circuit in your controller it might rear its ugly head when you are trying to use the custom driver instead of using one of the older pre-made drivers.

Kamikaze

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. :(

I downloaded the button test code and flashed it to my controller. ( my xbox was on and it was 2nd player if it matters )

My 3rd LED flashes 3 or 4 times without me having to touch anything. (My controller was still connected to the comp if that matters) but i disconnected it, turned it back on and same thing. (if it matters.. still with the xbox on) but then i turned off my xbox and the two top ones flash twice and the 3rd one keeps flashing. Does this mean i have a shortened circuit or whatever.

odingalt

Staff member
LED3 flashing three times means the B button...
LED3 flashing four times means the A button...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1174

If something is shorted it might explain why your mod is trying to change modes on its own :-(. Yes the button test code must be run with the programming cable unplugged. But the console can be turned on or off that doesn't matter. The codes play back on LED3 and LED4 only - LED1 and LED2 will do their own thing. The link above shows the different codes. Maybe you can confirm which one it is :-(

Kamikaze

odingalt said:
LED3 flashing three times means the B button...
LED3 flashing four times means the A button...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1174

If something is shorted it might explain why your mod is trying to change modes on its own :-(. Yes the button test code must be run with the programming cable unplugged. But the console can be turned on or off that doesn't matter. The codes play back on LED3 and LED4 only - LED1 and LED2 will do their own thing. The link above shows the different codes. Maybe you can confirm which one it is :-(

If the button test code says my A or B button is shorted does it mean that gameplay is somehow affected by this? Because i've never had a problem with it game-play wise. Should i try flashing it on another computer or maybe it wouldn't matter.

odingalt

Staff member
Kamikaze said:

Flashing with a difrerent computer won't change the results of the button test code unfortunately :-( How long have you had this particular controller (how close to being still in warranty is it) we try to be flexible with the 90-day if it's not too far out, also did you buy direct from viking360 or an affiliate?

Kamikaze

odingalt said:
Kamikaze said:

Flashing with a difrerent computer won't change the results of the button test code unfortunately :-( How long have you had this particular controller (how close to being still in warranty is it) we try to be flexible with the 90-day if it's not too far out, also did you buy direct from viking360 or an affiliate?

i got it way back in june. I noticed this problem maybe a week after but decided it could be dealt with somehow.
Viking website.
I see now that i have no chance at a fix. :(
If so.. is it possible that you can just make a driver that would work?

apcoop7

Kamikaze said:
odingalt said:
Kamikaze said:

i got it way back in june. I noticed this problem maybe a week after but decided it could be dealt with somehow.
Viking website.
I see now that i have no chance at a fix. :(
If so.. is it possible that you can just make a driver that would work?

Unfortunately, the hardware and software are 2 different things. That's like asking Microsoft to write a new copy of Windows for your broken PC. Sorry man :(