i want to ask about something?

underworld

Hello, I'm new here so i don't no if this a right place to ask and i hope you can understand what am trying to say here so, i went to go ahead and buy Viking DIY Kit now when i do get it and put it all to together and read the Installation and there 1 thing i read that i don't understand its about 3.5mm Jack Installation now is this for useing the usb cable at the back of the controller like it shows on your video? if it is please reply if not still reply ok what about PNC cable? now for this 1 i saw tons of pic for this PNC controller if you want to buy 1 and there no hole at the back, so i was thinking if you do the PNC way once you make your own now, do you use play n charge cable on the top of the controller and plug that PNC into the computer and mod it to something you want so if that right please reply if not still reply i hope you can help me out here that be real helpful thanks.

Blackburn

underworld said:
Hello, I'm new here so i don't no if this a right place to ask and i hope you can understand what am trying to say here so, i went to go ahead and buy Viking DIY Kit now when i do get it and put it all to together and read the Installation and there 1 thing i read that i don't understand its about 3.5mm Jack Installation now is this for useing the usb cable at the back of the controller like it shows on your video? if it is please reply if not still reply ok what about PNC cable? now for this 1 i saw tons of pic for this PNC controller if you want to buy 1 and there no hole at the back, so i was thinking if you do the PNC way once you make your own now, do you use play n charge cable on the top of the controller and plug that PNC into the computer and mod it to something you want so if that right please reply if not still reply i hope you can help me out here that be real helpful thanks.

USB Key uses mini USB to USB cable.
PnC uses PnC cable plugged into PC (can no longer charge controllers while using them)
HeadPhone Jack uses a IPod Shuffle charger/sync cable (aka USB to headphone jack cable)

underworld

ok so if i want to do the PNC way i just use play and charge cable and connect it to my controller and use it on my computer and mod it yes? oh yeah am doing a sleeper mod way if you want to know what am doing =D

Blackburn

underworld said:
ok so if i want to do the PNC way i just use play and charge cable and connect it to my controller and use it on my computer and mod it yes? oh yeah am doing a sleeper mod way if you want to know what am doing =D
no, you have to cut traces on the motherboard that go from the PnC port on the controller to the motherboard, solder the wires to the points and your good to go. Personally i do not prefer this method, especially if going sleeper, because the Sync button is covered by the PnC cable, and i like to charge my controllers and play at the same time. :mrgreen:

underworld

yeah i see what you mean but here my idea =D i got two controllers so if my controller start to die out all i have to do is unplug the battery and replace that its charge already and go ahead and charge my weak battery with my other controller so am good to go! =D

Ben

Blackburn said:
underworld said:
no, you have to cut traces on the motherboard that go from the PnC port on the controller to the motherboard, solder the wires to the points and your good to go. Personally i do not prefer this method, especially if going sleeper, because the Sync button is covered by the PnC cable, and i like to charge my controllers and play at the same time. :mrgreen:

But surely the pnc cable will never be plugged in when your playing, as it only charges the controller when its off, and you'll only need it plugged in when its on to add a code to the chip. So there is no need to have it plugged in when playing.

Blackburn

Ben. said:
Blackburn said:
underworld said:

But surely the pnc cable will never be plugged in when your playing, as it only charges the controller when its off, and you'll only need it plugged in when its on to add a code to the chip. So there is no need to have it plugged in when playing.
your joking right? The PnC cables is supposed to be able to charge the controllers while playing with them, hence why its called a Play and Charge cable. To get technical, the way it charges the controller faster than its draining power is that the cable it sending 5v to the batteries inside while the controller is only pulling ~3v from the battery.

odingalt

Staff member
I don't think you should try the DIY kit. Basically, if you read through the DIY install instructions, but you still don't understand how to mod, then the DIY kit is really not for you.

We provide very little support for the DIY kit especially for people with very little soldering and electrical experience. It's not worth our time to provide hours and hours of support for a $29 kit to somebody who's never soldered or read a schematic before.

i.e. if you are just somebody trying to save money, stop right now. The kit is only $29. But the equipment required to complete the installation is hundreds of dollars. If you do not have this equipment and are not experienced with the equipment, just buy a premodded controller or send yours in for a service. It's only $40 more.

Ben

Blackburn said:
Ben. said:
Blackburn said:

your joking right? The PnC cables is supposed to be able to charge the controllers while playing with them, hence why its called a Play and Charge cable. To get technical, the way it charges the controller faster than its draining power is that the cable it sending 5v to the batteries inside while the controller is only pulling ~3v from the battery.

I meant, That after doing the DIY mod and doing it on the PNC port, you aren't able to use the charge
function while playing anymore, so why would the cable being in the way of the Sync button when playing.