Illuminating Thumbsticks

KIL0 iRecon

I just purchased my Ragnarok for the Xbox 360 and customized it to have the illuminated thumbsticks. Do these come with the 20 modes just like its PS3 counter-part? If so, how are the lights cycled since holding the mod switch and pressing A turns off the special modes?

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I just purchased my Ragnarok for the Xbox 360 and customized it to have the illuminated thumbsticks. Do these come with the 20 modes just like its PS3 counter-part? If so, how are the lights cycled since holding the mod switch and pressing A turns off the special modes?

You HOLD A to turn the thumbsticks on I believe instead of just tapping, that way it won't turn off special modes. Then to cycle modes you hold down on the DPAD while holding the tac switch.

KIL0 iRecon

You HOLD A to turn the thumbsticks on I believe instead of just tapping, that way it won't turn off special modes. Then to cycle modes you hold down on the DPAD while holding the tac switch.

Thanks for the prompt reply, my controller should be here tomorrow and I look forward to testing it out.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
No problem. I see by your signature you have just about every single model Viking sells lol. I can almost guarantee you that the Ragnarok will be your favorite (besides the almighty macro lol). I don't have the illuminating thumbsticks myself, but I love my controller. I can't wait to get it back from being repaired (small issue that started actin up just on mine)

KIL0 iRecon

No problem. I see by your signature you have just about every single model Viking sells lol. I can almost guarantee you that the Ragnarok will be your favorite (besides the almighty macro lol). I don't have the illuminating thumbsticks myself, but I love my controller. I can't wait to get it back from being repaired (small issue that started actin up just on mine)

I'm excited to start using it! Currently I use my Raven for shooters and leave the Macro for RPG's and Fighting games. I kind of like the simplicity of having 3 rapid fire modes and 3 special modes rather than 8 pages of macros lol. Just a personal preference, it tends to keep my K/D up when I'm not fumbling through pages to look for a certain mode. I do however enjoy all of my Viking controllers equally.

My macro was the same way with needing a small repair. It was to be expected since it was the first one made for production purposes, but the problem was taken care of promptly. Einar is quick and efficient so I am sure you will get your controller back very soon and with full satisfaction.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
XBOX 360 comes with less colors, because the illuminating thumbsticks are not as awesome on the XBOX 360 controllers.

PS3 battery: 3.7 volts
XBOX360 battery: 2.4 - 3.0 volts (depending on if rechargeable or AA's)

The best instructions for the XBOX 360 Ragnarok are from within the software. Even if you don't intend on customizing your XBOX 360 Ragnarok right away, it's worth installing the software just for the instructions. Here's the excerpt

====paste====

Light-up thumbsticks will glow dimmer as your battery drains of power. Recharging a rechargeable battery will make the lights bright again.

Mode 0 and Mode 10 are special modes. Mode 1 through 9 colors are as follows:

Mode 0: Rainbow scrolling

Mode 1: Red

Mode 2: Orange

Mode 3: Yellow

Mode 4: Lime

Mode 5: Green

Mode 6: Cyan

Mode 7: Blue

Mode 8: Purple

Mode 9: White

*Mode 10: User-customizable mode

To turn your light-up thumbsticks on and off, hold the mod switch and hold ButtonA.

To move to the next mode, hold the mod switch, and hold d-pad down.

*Customizable mode allows you to specify the red, green and blue color levels on each joystick individually, by entering a brightness value from 0 (light off) to 255 (full brightness).

KIL0 iRecon

XBOX 360 comes with less colors, because the illuminating thumbsticks are not as awesome on the XBOX 360 controllers.

PS3 battery: 3.7 volts
XBOX360 battery: 2.4 - 3.0 volts (depending on if rechargeable or AA's)

The best instructions for the XBOX 360 Ragnarok are from within the software. Even if you don't intend on customizing your XBOX 360 Ragnarok right away, it's worth installing the software just for the instructions. Here's the excerpt

Thank you for the reply E. My controller just got here so I will start messing around with it and testing out all of the new features. It feels great in my hands and I like the tackiness of the sticks. All of you at Viking never stop amazing me and as always you built another excellent controller. I will definitely continue to be a loyal customer. Thank you once again for another amazing Viking creation!