Im not computer savvy

lopelpicks

Is this worth it for me? I play regularly and currently using an xbox elite controller but want more customization. I did not know things that the berserker can do was even possible. Im intrigued! Im not computer savvy though. Is it something that can be learned fairly simply? Thanks

JIM WALKER

Is this worth it for me? I play regularly and currently using an xbox elite controller but want more customization. I did not know things that the berserker can do was even possible. Im intrigued! Im not computer savvy though. Is it something that can be learned fairly simply? Thanks

Hi, putting it bluntly, yes, it is worth the learning curve/time spent familiarizing yourself with how to set up/programming this controller.
When I started with Viking controllers I too was not "computer savvy", and compared to a lot of the members here, I am still a "noob". I can now create my own macro's/runes to suit my gaming needs. If I cannot manage it, then I come on to this forum and ask the community/members for help, presto, they respond very very quickly, THE BEST forum I have ever been part of. There are several (one in particular) who is not only a genius rune maker but is THE most helpful friendly guy ever .... THANK YOU BONEFISHER FOR BEING THERE MATE !!!!!!!!!!
Even the company boss "Odin" is a hands on guy, and watches over us like a "young" friendly grandpappy ...lmao !!!!

There is a "forge" that you gain access to when you buy a berserker, this contains runes (for various and numerous games) created by members and put in there for others to use freely, seeing how they are built ultimately helps you to learn how to create your own.
I suggest you check out the main viking360 site and watch some of the video's.

Do NOT be afraid of what seems at first glance a complicated build/creative system, it isn't, its simple and amazing what you can do with the berserker, I highly recommend it.
Don't forget, the Viking community will always be there to help you learn, even what appears to be the dumbest questions are treated with respect and helpful responses.

Hope this helps you a little.

lopelpicks

Jim if there was a perfect reply that I was looking for you absolutely nailed it! Thank you for the reassurance.

sharkey

I own both an elite controller and a beserker

As far as ease of use put it this way, I haven't even received my controller yet (it's on the way!) and I have already started building some macros. There's a couple good videos on it and some tutorials written by members here on the forum. The learning curve is not to steep, within about an hour of reading and youtubing I was starting to build my own macros.

Hope that helps!

Side note: Compared to some of the competition out there, this is the most intuitive easy to use system there is. It's all drag and drop and visually displayed, other products literally require you to coder. If you're interested in modded controllers the Berserk is the rolls royce of controllers.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah that's the main advice I would put out there, know that you will have to make a time committment to get over the learning curve hurdle and to set up your controller. We're here to help.

lopelpicks

Thanks Everyone. I just made my purchase and have a question. Does Viking stock pile a few of their berserkers or are they custom made per order? I ordered the basic one with zero custom aesthetics. Basically what Im saying is how soon will I get this beast?!!

sharkey

I believe they are built to order. I just received mine yesterday and ordered it last Friday evening with 3 day shipping, It was started Monday and completed/shipped Tuesday. So if you don't count weekends that's a 2 day turn around time out of the shop and a total of 5 days to my door. As far as controller mod shops go that's pretty damn good.

You're going to love it. Honestly thinking of creative macros to make can be as fun as using the controller itself. It's so simple most of the macros I created prior to even receiving my controller actually worked! Now I'm just tweaking :)

JIM WALKER

Thanks Everyone. I just made my purchase and have a question. Does Viking stock pile a few of their berserkers or are they custom made per order? I ordered the basic one with zero custom aesthetics. Basically what Im saying is how soon will I get this beast?!!

Sharkey is correct, all orders are custom built, welcome to the Viking berserker group, you will receive an e-mail shortly with your forge log in details, (keep an eye on your spam folder) as it can end up in there.

If all goes well, you could have it by the end of next week.

lopelpicks

Thanks guys for the reply. Definitely sounds like a quick turn around. I remember waiting weeks for my scuf a while back.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
O can't wait for the ps4 beserker! I got my money saved aside for this! I got some great stuff to share with Viking and hope to expand in other areas such as fighting games and of course my specialties fps games!

JIM WALKER

Hey when do I get access to the forge app? I never got the email. I even checked my junk file

Wow! Give them a chance, you only ordered on Saturday, they will only see your order today (Mon), stay cool, it will happen, but Viking staff have families too. Weekends are generally not for working.

sharkey

Wow! Give them a chance, you only ordered on Saturday, they will only see your order today (Mon), stay cool, it will happen, but Viking staff have families too. Weekends are generally not for working.

It was a reasonable question, it's not immediately clear when/if you should have already received it. It's not as if he was demanding it. Lighten up.

Lopelpicks, you receive the forge credentials the day they ship out your controller.

Freyja

Staff member
I agree that it is a bit unclear. It was supposed to be an automatic thing when a controller was linked to an email, but it got postponed so we could work out other bugs. Then our platform crashed and we're still fighting to get out all the kinks and make things run smoothly.
On the instruction sheet we send out it states that earlier controllers aren't shipped with Forge login. We try to send the login information the day the controller is shipped, but things can get a bit hectic here at the shop so if you don't have it by the time your controller arrives just send in a help desk ticket and make sure that your name on that matches the name on your order so we can find you easily.

JIM WALKER

It was a reasonable question, it's not immediately clear when/if you should have already received it. It's not as if he was demanding it. Lighten up.

Lopelpicks, you receive the forge credentials the day they ship out your controller.

Sharkey .... I complimented you in another post !!!! But, please do not hijack and then misinterpret my comments EVER ... I, young sir, am so "light", I float ... Let this be the last mention of this ... Thank you

Quote: There is no REALITY, there is only PERCEPTION.

sharkey

Sharkey .... I complimented you in another post !!!! But, please do not hijack and then misinterpret my comments EVER ... I, young sir, am so "light", I float ... Let this be the last mention of this ... Thank you

Quote: There is no REALITY, there is only PERCEPTION.

Haha, point taken.