In order for a profile picture to display....

twharton

...do we have to reach a certain number of posts or rating level by the moderators?

Even though it shows (currently 18kb) in the edit profile page it never displays in the forums.

Thanks.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
An avatar is what I think you mean and yes you need to be ranked in order to have it. The avatar will appear under someones name.

Fredrow

...do we have to reach a certain number of posts or rating level by the moderators?

Even though it shows (currently 18kb) in the edit profile page it never displays in the forums.

Thanks.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Fredrow

An avatar is what I think you mean and yes you need to be ranked in order to have it. The avatar will appear under someones name.

So how does one get ranked up? Because I was able to add my avatar once the forums got a facelift, and I was actually demoted once the new forums got created and I still was able to upload/use my avatar!!!!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
So how does one get ranked up? Because I was able to add my avatar once the forums got a facelift, and I was actually demoted once the new forums got created and I still was able to upload/use my avatar!!!!

Honestly that would be a question for Jets I personally just got ranked up for helping out around here.

NYjetsNY1

So how does one get ranked up?

Not easily. Tons of forum help, dedication, etc.

Because I was able to add my avatar once the forums got a facelift, and I was actually demoted once the new forums got created and I still was able to upload/use my avatar!!!!

Well you weren't demoted, but the stock moderator on vb has less powers than the stock moderator at phpbb.
And you are a moderator, so you can make an avatar.

odingalt

Staff member
Hmm I didn't reailze only pimps and ho's could have avatars around here. lol

Actually I was wondering why more people didn't have avatars. I wonder if we can set a minimum post like 10 posts (useful ones not crap lol) and then the avatar unlocks? Anyone familiar with vbulletin 4? "I just work here" lol

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yeah Im just... [video=youtube;Xb8T4xIa3o4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb8T4xIa3o4[/video]

But on a serious note I like the system the way it is but thats just because I have a cool avatar. Maybe once you figure out how to make the 10 post thing you put a poll on the site?

NYjetsNY1

Hmm I didn't reailze only pimps and ho's could have avatars around here. lol

Actually I was wondering why more people didn't have avatars. I wonder if we can set a minimum post like 10 posts (useful ones not crap lol) and then the avatar unlocks? Anyone familiar with vbulletin 4? "I just work here" lol

I'll see what I can do "big OD"

NYjetsNY1

I just made a new usergroup "members"

If you are a registered user, and have had an account for over 30 days / more than 10 posts, you'll be automatically upgraded to member.

Your only bonus from going to registered user to member is that you can upload / display your own avatars. Enjoy.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol interestingly I'm one of the people who could have an avatar, and I don't... Maybe I'll have to look into that.

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader

If you are a registered user, and have had an account for over 30 days / more than 10 posts, you'll be automatically upgraded to member.

Your only bonus from going to registered user to member is that you can upload / display your own avatars. Enjoy.
Thx Jets i had this idea a while ago and i'm glad to see it actually used that's why i like this forum so much

odingalt

Staff member

Perfect. Good criteria for allowing avatars. Thanks for taking care of this for everybody! All of a sudden this place has personality!!

modded matt

you should have post count based groups by default (however they will normally be turned off) then it would be an automatic change once the number of posts are hit.