Insight on how to purchase "CG/CG2" controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambini98

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say hi and how this mod chip has really piqued my interest.
I am not necessarily a noob when It comes to this territory, got a few xbox original mods under my belt but nothing of this complexity. I did an intensafire mod on one of my controller and the drawbacks of using the sync to cycle through the settings weighs out the actual practical use of the controller. The tact button setup and feature benefits with having the proper controller is where my question lies. I am going to buy a controller due to the fact that the ones that i own are the old matrix which limits my features if installing the viking on it. So to the point, how can I go about trying to purchase a controller with the new board variation? I read on the forum something about if the pnc is sold with the controller then it will be the correct board. Any experiences or insights? :cool:

Ben

Hi - I would say 95% of the controllers for sale nowadays are CG/CG2, it's probably quite hard to get hold of a matrix. Your best bet is to go into your local Game store and get a controller from there as they constantly buy new stock in so will most likely be a CG/CG2..

gambini98

Appreciate the fast responses. Ill definitely go to gamestop. I bought a new black wireless controller recently and it had a matrix board. Just my luck...

gambini98

Can't take it back. Where I got the controller, the store went out of business. I checked a couple gamestops in my area and a small play and trade store and they didn't have any used wireless controllers. I actually had my eye on a red controller with pnc sold with it. The trade in value for the wireless controller is higher at the play and trade store. gamestop about 11bucks the play and trade store 16 bucks. I know thats a rip off, but I have no use for the my old matrix controller in respects to the mod. I noticed the red controller came out around the time the limited edition RE5 console dropped(worked video game retail for about a year). So, I guess I have a 99% chance that it has a newer board? Just trying to be smart and save a bit of money.(just in case I totally screw up the controller on the install lol)

Fredrow

When you look at the packaging of the controllers if the top of it is all white then its the new CG2 for sure......

gambini98

Fredrow said:
When you look at the packaging of the controllers if the top of it is all white then its the new CG2 for sure......

OK cool so look for this----->
images

As opposed to this----->
images

Appreciate the knowledge for it may as well help others in the same predicament... :D

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You know, there was someone on here who wanted a tyrs hand done because it was cheaper. You should look for him, and see if he wants it then.

gambini98

Well, Iam squared away now. Bought the red controller with pnc. Opened it up and checked and Iam good. I guess ill just be very thorough with the install and take my time. These damn controllers are so expensive...

Fredrow

I hope you didn't buy the Red PnC setup because you though that was the only way to get a CG/CG2 board for sure??[attachment=0:1fqstqcb]controller_package.jpg[/attachment:1fqstqcb]
This is the packaging I was referring too, as you will notice its not the PnC combo but just a normal wireless controller!!!!!
Hope this will help out anyone in the futuer.......

gambini98

Fredrow said:
I hope you didn't buy the Red PnC setup because you though that was the only way to get a CG/CG2 board for sure??[attachment=0:35e1l60x]controller_package.jpg[/attachment:35e1l60x]
This is the packaging I was referring too, as you will notice its not the PnC combo but just a normal wireless controller!!!!!
Hope this will help out anyone in the futuer.......

Not at all. I understood completely. I chose to get the red controller. Traded in a few games and my "old" controller as well. I noticed I probably should have been more clearer in the earlier post. I lead you to think my understanding was what you mention, because I used only the pic of the red with pnc. nonetheless, I am good...

obo

Pretty much all controllers you buy now have cg2 boards.

This thread is about a year old and isn't too relevant anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.