Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodman55

Photo on 1-2-12 at 10.44 PM.jpgPhoto on 1-2-12 at 10.44 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 1-2-12 at 10.44 PM #3.jpgInteresting Use Of The Built In Chip Inside The Controller... My Guess Is This Is How The Chip Connects To Buttons And Such?

rodman55

The Controller's Tactiles Started Not Working Properly.... I've Already Noted Where To Connect Everything If I Decide To Do A Reinstallation

modded matt

that is a clip design and must be installed into a cg2 controller. the socket is very tedious to install correctly, and if you dont get it right the fist time, you can ruin the controller, and mod chip in one shot (experience talking) make sure when pushing the socket onto the chip you do so in a uniform manner, you do not want to push one side then the other....Good luck.

as far as the "good use" as you put it, I cant explain how it works without E's permission. All I will say is that the macro chip does not need to connect to the buttons, and the wires you see are for programming, tact switches, and a jumper wire for power at the led board.

rodman55

not sure if i damaged the clip but... im thinking if i did of manually wiring or trying to get my hands on one of the clips thanks for the tip

rodman55

Me Messing It Up At This Moment Is Slim To None As Im Very Experienced In Expertise Such As This As I Also Do BGA Work

Last edited:

HAWK zer0

well this is the 3rd set of pictures I seen about a macro chip! Sorry to say but I'm thinking about just doing the same myself or making a video where I do destroy the macro controller because of the same problem which is ****ed up tac switches!!! I mean $265 plus $20 for 3 day shipping isnt cheap for a controller its basically $300 that just went down the drain! I could always just ship it back for repairs but it doesn't seem right receiving a $300 dollar broken controller that you must pay to ship back and may perhaps show more problems in the future!!! So if I dont receive a return label for my 2 week old controller which I reported the 2nd day broken I will just most likely go ahead and post a video of me ****ing on it and destroying it! I`ll let you guys know Im also open for ideas for a video so lets see what happens??? Now I know some admins may be mad at this post but its only the truth and I hope viking takes pride and responsibility for their losses as a responsible company!

TecHunter

well this is the 3rd set of pictures I seen about a macro chip! Sorry to say but I'm thinking about just doing the same myself or making a video where I do destroy the macro controller because of the same problem which is ****ed up tac switches!!! I mean $265 plus $20 for 3 day shipping isnt cheap for a controller its basically $300 that just went down the drain! I could always just ship it back for repairs but it doesn't seem right receiving a $300 dollar broken controller that you must pay to ship back and may perhaps show more problems in the future!!! So if I dont receive a return label for my 2 week old controller which I reported the 2nd day broken I will just most likely go ahead and post a video of me ****ing on it and destroying it! I`ll let you guys know Im also open for ideas for a video so lets see what happens??? Now I know some admins may be mad at this post but its only the truth and I hope viking takes pride and responsibility for their losses as a responsible company!

Dude dont do that, if its a tac switch situation it is a very simple repair. What happened to the tac?

odingalt

Staff member
Rodney opened his controller practically the day after he received it, voiding his warranty. He was in such a hurry to install his aftermarket sticks that he tore the wires and the mod and probably damaged the chip. We refused to accept the return unless the warranty sticker was in tact - which it wasn't - and after asking more questions he revealed what really happened. Sorry, if you remove your warranty sticker and open your controller, you're on your own.

Thread closed.

odingalt

Staff member

And the longer you wait, the closer you get to the end of your 90 day warranty. All you have to do is ship it to our shop. Repairs are free.

The USPS charges $6 for a shipping label. If you can afford a $265 controller plus $20 for three-day shipping (guess what - you didn't pay $265, you paid $249, so stop lying), surely you can afford a $6 USPS priority shipping label? In the amount of time you wasted whining in this thread, you could've made a trip down to the post office. You first posted about this problem way back on 12/22/2010 in the forums. That means you've had your mod for almost three weeks. Stop *****ing, go get $6 from your wallet, and mail the controller back.

Do you know why we don't offer to pay for shipping on repair/returns? Several reasons:

1.) Major retailers make YOU pay shipping for RMA's and repairs, regardless of who's fault it is. Walmart/Costco/Bestbuy/Amazon/the list goes on my friend... nobody pays for your shipping but you. It's the price you pay for purchasing on-line. Don't like to pay shipping? Then go buy a macro controller from a retail store. Oh that's right, they aren't available in stores.
2.) Most of the time we receive a repair/return, it turns out the warranty sticker is gone, the customer lied, and the mod is trashed.

If it turns out you are an honest customer, we'd be more than happy to throw back at you a free PnC rechargeable pack which is worth twice the shipping you'll be paying with the USPS. Now please do us all and yourself a favor. Mail the ****ing controller back already! No, we are not going to replace your controller entirely for free at day 89. No, your warranty does not magically re-extend if you wait until 89 days to send it in. Your warranty is a fixed 90 days from the date of purchase, period. So you'd better get it sent back in fast, as your warranty is ticking my friend.

We don't make you fill out any forms, we don't make you put cash in the box. We just need you to ship it back, because I'm not buying airline tickets to fly to your house and do the repairs in your garage. The only way it's going to get fixed is if the controller is mailed back to our shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.