Is This Reprogramming Method Copyrighted?

dudesikoff

Is Viking360 the only manufacturer of reprogrammable controllers via PNC/USB Port, or will there soon be imitators and knock offs appearing everywhere?

odingalt

Staff member
No, the method is not really copyrightable, anybody can do it. There is a company selling USB-programmable controllers for $99. However, this competitor's modchip only does dual-trigger rapidfire, does not include macro editing software, does not allow you to use jitter mod, fast reload, etc... and they also charge you $25 per software code.

For example if you buy their controller and purchase software for Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, the controller would cost you $149.

The reason there aren't more companies like Viking is that the profit margin to sell this kind of USB programmable controller is lower. Now Viking360 makes money selling you these conrollers (otherwise we wouldn't be in business) but we do work very hard. Our software for hte latest macro controller cost around $30,000 to produce. We'll have to sell several hundred modded controllers just to pay off the software.

Most mod shops are run out of a garage by kids who just don't have the resources (or the work ethic) to build up their business into selling something like we sell. My wife and I started this business with $5,000 on a credit card in a 2-bedroom apartment in the summer of 2009. We now have a nice little 1250sqft retail space and four employees (not including ourselves). We built the business up by working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the past 18 months.

dudesikoff

And that, is exactly why I buy from you, there is nothing on the market that can even come close. I have a Raven and just bought a black Viking today.

JeremyC95

dudesikoff said:
And that, is exactly why I buy from you, there is nothing on the market that can even come close. I have a Raven and just bought a black Viking today.
same here viking is the best no doubt about it
and people like Odingalt are dedicated to making the best quality and best service out there
e