Issue with controller just randomly fires a single shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrod710

Since last updating my runes I am just randomly at times firing a single shot without ever pulling the trigger button. Also now the 7sps rapid fire rune is kind of "skippy" for lack of a better word to describe it. Like it will fire a few shots pause for a split second then fire a few shots and pause and repeat. Do I have an issue with my controller?

bonefisher

what did you change on your rune pack? do you have fresh batteries? Reload again to see if it clears up!

jerrod710

what did you change on your rune pack? do you have fresh batteries? Reload again to see if it clears up!
I added dropshot to RT. Took a hair bit of time off the dropshot on the rune editor because sometimes when done firing and I stand back up it goes back prone when I release the RT after standing back up

jerrod710

I just now reloaded and gonna go back upstairs and give it another go and see what happens. I will be glad to get this rune editor app on my Android device when it gets ready that will make things much easier for me.

jerrod710

Now there is another issue. When I get into a game my character just starts slowly looking down towards the ground and can't get it to look back up.

bonefisher

Ok this is the firmware issue that Jim and I was talking to Odin about! Do you have the firmware before this one? Run that to see if you have any problems!

jerrod710

Now it's just doing the same thing. Battery trick no longer works. Guess controller is malfunctioning for now. What can I do to fix it?

bonefisher

Now it's just doing the same thing. Battery trick no longer works. Guess controller is malfunctioning for now. What can I do to fix it?
This was going on with the firmware with Jim and I before which Jim resorted back to the old firmware and I also did with one of my controllers! On my other controller I stuck with this one and loaded my runes different after tinkering looking for cause which maybe the way you setup the rune pack could cause this! I started switching things around with maybe to much load on the right trigger is making this happen or sequence activating and so far have not had it happen in a while! So try moving things around and also open a support ticket with viking to let them know what is going on! So Odin can look into this!

jerrod710

This was going on with the firmware with Jim and I before which Jim resorted back to the old firmware and I also did with one of my controllers! On my other controller I stuck with this one and loaded my runes different after tinkering looking for cause which maybe the way you setup the rune pack could cause this! I started switching things around with maybe to much load on the right trigger is making this happen or sequence activating and so far have not had it happen in a while! So try moving things around and also open a support ticket with viking to let them know what is going on! So Odin can look into this!
Ok. I guess I am gonna take off the drop shot and see what happens. That's the only thing other than the rapid fire rune that's part of the right trigger. I didn't have this problem with my Macro controller if removing the drop shot fixes it. Here in a bit after I get this done I will report back here the results it had. If it still has the same issue I will submit a support ticket.

bonefisher

It might also be just how you sequence things! Have not figured all the way yet but I do have a dropshot on mine and it works but change how I put it on!

jerrod710

I originally had drop shot on #4 right paddle. But when I changed it I had it changed to rt and to inhibit LT. Here in about 30 minutes I will either change it back to #4 or remove it altogether and report back. If that fixes it then hopefully it helps you all find and fix the issue with the firmware. I still would like to revert back to the older firmware till the bugs are worked out or if someone could post up how to make the runes work properly on the new firmware. Which I'd assume it'd be much easier for now to let people like me know how to use the older firmware for now.

jerrod710

Well, removed drop shot off rt and still same issues.* Soon as game starts it starts slowly looking straight down and no rs functionality. Gonna submit a support ticket. Thanks to all who have helped me with this.

bonefisher

Well, removed drop shot off rt and still same issues.* Soon as game starts it starts slowly looking straight down and no rs functionality. Gonna submit a support ticket. Thanks to all who have helped me with this.
Jim said message him and he will send you other firmware!

jerrod710

Have sent Jarrod all three versions that I have, hopefully one of them works for him ....

No matter which version it is I have the same issues. When there are no runes at all on the controller it works fine as just a normal controller. So I tried just putting runes on there that the Forge came with (none that I created) and it immediately starts acting up, looking straight down and no rs functionality. I went to Viking360.com and clicked on help and submitted a ticket. I've spent the last 3 hours messing with it now and have no idea what else I can do. Hopefully some of my info helps out with finding the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.