I've tried so many ways but I can't get it.

311sam

I'm just trying to make a simple macro. I just want it to spam the A button VERY fast. I've tried so many different ways and I'm tired of trying and it's not working for some reason. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone make a quick one for me so I can see how to do it. I just don't get it.

I also don't get the speed multipliers with all the ones I've made, I did .10 or 1.00 or 10.00 and it doesn't do anything. It hits A once then it doesn't loop, I hit the option to loop nonstop until I press the button again but it doesn't loop for some reason.

I've attached all my failed attempts. The final one called "a-mod" is the closest one that works. But it;s not fast enough. I need it to be much faster, I change the time to 10.00 or .10 or 1.20 but it's the same thing. I don't get it.

Can anyone help please.

Attachments

• {BETA} Rapid-A.vkm
    528 bytes · Views: 1
  • atry.vkm
    528 bytes · Views: 0
  • atry2.vkm
    528 bytes · Views: 0
  • amodsffs.vkm
    704 bytes · Views: 0
  • ffs.vkm
    688 bytes · Views: 0

311sam

Thank you Jets, I tried the macro but I don't get it. I put it to 10.00 and it barely works, but I change it to 1.20 and it works faster which is okay but this is so frustrating. If you or anyone else can please make one for me as a guide that would be very much appreciated.

I look at the editor and I don't understand why there is dots mid .2 seconds to mid .3 seconds ect. It's a bit confusing and the tutorial videos I've looked at and I'm still a bit lost. I'm a fast learner but I need a guide in a way.

I think it's just the game I'm playing, gears of war 3 and 10.00 is too fast so the game doesn't register it? Either that or I'm just so lost.

Thank you for the reply and help regardless .

odingalt

Staff member
311sam there is such a thing as "too fast". For example I had found that Call of Duty will generally not recognize a button as being pressed if it is held for less than 15 milliseconds. You should start back down at 1.20 multiplier were you said it was working o.k., and then ramp it up slowly a little bit at a time until it stops working.

The limit varies depending upon the game but there is a good chance you're simply spamming the A Button too fast for the game to understand. What is happening is the guy who wrote the video game has to tell his software how fast he thinks humans press buttons. Say maybe the most amazing guy on the planet can only press a button 15 times per second. That means the guy writing the software doesn't have to write his software to recognize ultrafast button presses, say 250 times per second.

311sam

www.viking360.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=904&d=1352774008

Take that change all RT to A then increase the speed of the macro.

I just tried this now, it doesn't seem to work for some reason. I changed the speeds to 1.20, to 1.80, to 1.15 even. It's weird, I hit A but it doesn't do it . Everything else works fine, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

bQvnW.jpg

311sam there is such a thing as "too fast". For example I had found that Call of Duty will generally not recognize a button as being pressed if it is held for less than 15 milliseconds. You should start back down at 1.20 multiplier were you said it was working o.k., and then ramp it up slowly a little bit at a time until it stops working.

The limit varies depending upon the game but there is a good chance you're simply spamming the A Button too fast for the game to understand. What is happening is the guy who wrote the video game has to tell his software how fast he thinks humans press buttons. Say maybe the most amazing guy on the planet can only press a button 15 times per second. That means the guy writing the software doesn't have to write his software to recognize ultrafast button presses, say 250 times per second.

Oh right, yeah I kinda figured that because I noticed the fastest speed for rapid fire for this game is 1.20, but yeah. I put that for the A button I just can't get it for some reason. It seems so simple but I don't get the time table I guess.

Like the picture above I did it, Idk what I'm doing wrong atm.

311sam

This one seems to be working OK like, but is this really the best way to make a rapid fire mod for the A button, I'm just not understanding the time line.

Liap8.jpg

It's dragged out from mid .2 to .4, then mid .4 to a little before .6.

Why not .1 or mid .0 ect. I don't understand why they start out at those times.

And why the one I did in the above post from .0 to .1 then .3 to .4 didn't work.

EDIT: btw this is NYJets, Skyrim A smasher macro.

odingalt

Staff member
311sam

This next question is important: what button are you assigning this macro to?

311sam

311sam

This next question is important: what button are you assigning this macro to?

I'm assigning it to the A button and using right tac switch 1 to toggle it on and off. The second one works okay ish the skyrim one , I just don't understand why it works and not the other one up top . Once I figure that out I can make more macros and progress further .

odingalt

Staff member
311sam,

That won't work at all. You have to assign your macro directly to a tac switch.

When you hold the "Button A" with your finger, it over-rides the macro. When you press a button with your finger on an XBOX360 it short circuits that button electrically to ground, there is no amount of electricity in the world that can overcome it. Your button press always trumps the macro. The only exceptions are the triggers and joysticks. The macro can trump your button press when it's joysticks or triggers.

311sam

311sam,

That won't work at all. You have to assign your macro directly to a tac switch.

When you hold the "Button A" with your finger, it over-rides the macro. When you press a button with your finger on an XBOX360 it short circuits that button electrically to ground, there is no amount of electricity in the world that can overcome it. Your button press always trumps the macro. The only exceptions are the triggers and joysticks. The macro can trump your button press when it's joysticks or triggers.

Ahh okay I understand, it seems to work a lot better now that I just assigned it to right tac 2. Thanks everyone for the help.

NYjetsNY1

Glad you got your thing working. I've been super busy / out of it. OD got you on the right track though. The skyrim one was just a simple test build designed to do the specific function in skyrim.