Just bought a new controller and its a Matrix2 what are my options?

daverdfw

I cant take the controller back. but I want to mod this controller, from a few searches i see there used to be a Viking chip made for the matrix2 but now the current ones are for CG2? is that correct? what are my options.​

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Take it back to the store u bought it from with your recept and say u bought it for a brother or uncle it it wasent the controller they wanted. They will have to refund u or stor credit u then just get another controller. If its been recent and everything appears new then take it back.

daverdfw

Well I it it from sears and taking it back and getting another might not matter. I used a gift card. Are there now options to use the current cHip on a matrix 2?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Its worth a shot trying to exchange it for another controller. If they have the new white controllers i know those are cg2 boards also of u exchange it for another controller if its on a rack grab the controllers that are in the far back. Most times the store when they restock will move all the old unsold controllers to the front and the new shipments they will put in the back. Your ods of getting a different controller board will be increased. Its worth a shot. Right now thw matrix 22 cannot do anything for u. The new chips are cg2 and i doubt there arw any old matrix 2 ragnarok chips left. Maybe pm odin to see if there are any old matrix 2 chips but i would at least try to exchange it for store credit and try pi king out another controller in the far back of the rack.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...60-wireless-controller-board-you-have.407331/ here is a link that will show u what controller board u have by looking in the back of your controller where the battery pack is. It also shows the new matrix 2 board and u can see the TP26 point. Thats a good give away that its a matrix board. U need a cg2. Make sure the C15 is vertical not horizontal. If the rectangular circut is horizontal length wise then its a cg1 circut board.

Last edited:

daverdfw

actually what i might do is take it back to Best Buy because they will swap it without a receipt, and i am sure their stock of controllers is newer. ANd hopefully ill get a CG2

daverdfw

I took an Apple TV back that i didnt even buy from there, and got store credit. they seem pretty liberal, i am headed there in a few, i will report back