Just Got My 360 Ragnarok

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I just received it from fedex. Sooooo pumped to test it out later and customize my settings later. Great job on the packaging guys. It came in a strong, sturdy, and well sealed box (not flimsy whatsoever so no damage would possibly be done to the controller even if the handler dropped the box IMO). The controller itself was sealed with the programming cable in it's own bubble wrap "bag" with a some type of sticky sealant (if that's a word) and then wrapped over once more with more bubble wrap. There's no damage whatsoever done to the controller (except an extremely tiny scratch on the right bumper, but i honestly don't care and those kinds of things r bound to happen)

It's got gold XYAB and Guide buttons and a yellow LED. Might throw up some pics later if I get a chance. Just wanted to say definitely a good experience with you guys. Most stuff I receive in the mail is in the worst packaging, but this was great. Thanks once again and I'll be on a little later to give more feedback about how it works in a few games =)

Since I bought it before the 21st (although I didn't receive it til today) I still have to apply that new driver update v1.1 before I try and do anything else right? And my battery pack and play and charge kit will work on this controller instead of using AA batteries right?

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

[h=2]Firmware Updates[/h]
If you purchased the USB version of the XBOX 360 Ragnarok, a firmware update may be available.​
The Universal Driver v1.1 fixes an issue where your rapidfire modes 2-10 do not function properly. We advise performing this firmware update if you purchased prior to December 21st, 2011.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Thanks. First thing I did was applied the update when I connected it to my laptop. It's all good now. I actually have noticed a small issue in game. I was playing MW3 and everything with the controller works perfectly but I think there might be something wrong with my left thumbstick. For some reason when I go to sprint sometimes i start to sprint for like a split second (usually 1 second or less) and then it cancels the sprint right away. I noticed it only happens if I try and sprint a lot (I usually sprint as much as possible, around every turn, even when i'm low on stamina, etc.) or if I sprint, cancel during part of it to look around for enemies and go to sprint again. It's a rare thing though. As long as I press down harder on the thumbstick and fully click it in all the way it doesn't really do it to me but if I'm playing loosely or relaxingly then it will do it more.

I have fresh AA batteries in my controller so I think it may be a problem with the thumbstick itself. I don't really feel the need to send it in just for that, even if it stays like that forever, but it can be annoying (it got me killed a few times). If it gets worse within the next 3 months I will let you know and send it in if need be while it still has the warranty. The Ragnaroks have the same 3 month warranty as the macro right? What is the price for the fix of a Ragnarok for something like this if it gets worse after the warranty is up?

Other than this I am completely pleased with this controller. It works great for MW3 so far from what I've tested but I'm going to try and see if I can get faster custom speeds. Still have yet to try it in GoW3, CoD4, and BF3

NYjetsNY1

Thanks. First thing I did was applied the update when I connected it to my laptop. It's all good now. I actually have noticed a small issue in game. I was playing MW3 and everything with the controller works perfectly but I think there might be something wrong with my left thumbstick. For some reason when I go to sprint sometimes i start to sprint for like a split second (usually 1 second or less) and then it cancels the sprint right away. I noticed it only happens if I try and sprint a lot (I usually sprint as much as possible, around every turn, even when i'm low on stamina, etc.) or if I sprint, cancel during part of it to look around for enemies and go to sprint again. It's a rare thing though. As long as I press down harder on the thumbstick and fully click it in all the way it doesn't really do it to me but if I'm playing loosely or relaxingly then it will do it more.

Are you sure this is a real issue? Are you sure you aren't just low on stamina so that it doesn't sprint long?

I have fresh AA batteries in my controller so I think it may be a problem with the thumbstick itself. I don't really feel the need to send it in just for that, even if it stays like that forever, but it can be annoying (it got me killed a few times). If it gets worse within the next 3 months I will let you know and send it in if need be while it still has the warranty. The Ragnaroks have the same 3 month warranty as the macro right? What is the price for the fix of a Ragnarok for something like this if it gets worse after the warranty is up?

Give it a few days to get adjusted, and if it bothers you send it back within the first 3 months. Yes, as to my knowledge, the Rags have the same 3 month warranty. The price for the fix? Not sure, it depends on the extent of the problem. But get it fixed before the 3 months if it actually is a real problem, and not just it being a new controller.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Ok, I'll give it some time and let you or odin know if it doesn't get better. And it's not because of low stamina. My guy will literally have plenty of stamina to run but instead of sprinting he goes and does the lil animation to sprint for literally like half a second and then stops sprinting. I went to go run around a corner and it literally just stopped me from sprinting. IDK what it is. The thumbstick itself feels fine, they feel like brand new thumbsticks, they aren't loose and click in just fine but just sometimes my guy will refuse to sprint on the first click, then i'll go and click in the stick to sprint again and he'll go and sprint.

Fredrow

Ok, I'll give it some time and let you or odin know if it doesn't get better. And it's not because of low stamina. My guy will literally have plenty of stamina to run but instead of sprinting he goes and does the lil animation to sprint for literally like half a second and then stops sprinting. I went to go run around a corner and it literally just stopped me from sprinting. IDK what it is. The thumbstick itself feels fine, they feel like brand new thumbsticks, they aren't loose and click in just fine but just sometimes my guy will refuse to sprint on the first click, then i'll go and click in the stick to sprint again and he'll go and sprint.

Did you get stock thumbsticks or upgraded thumbsticks?

I have a theory about your sprinting problem, the person that did the install on your controller might have put the thumbsticks in backwards.......

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Really? I got the stock thumbsticks. I got the black shell this gold XYAB and Guide buttons with a Yellow LED but everything else is stock. My right stick seems to be perfectly fine. I was playing COD4 earlier and it did the sprinting thing to me in that game too. It's like only if I don't click the thumbstick hard enough. Like I have to push it down firmly to guarantee it doesn't happen, otherwise it could happen a few times (it's happened like 5 at the max) during a game.

EDIT: Seems to be doing it a lot now that I've been playing with the controller a lot more. It doesn't usually mess me up but it gets annoying. I notice it can happen too once I spawn. I don't really want to send it back in just for this but if I need to I will. I wanna get a little use out of it first though lol.

One other thing that happens is if my connection lags (I have bad internet at home where I'll drop to red bar occasionally in a game, not every game) if I have rapidfire on my gun won't be able to shoot at all unless I turn off the mod and turn it back on. That's supposed to happen because of the lag I assume and not because of the controller. Because otherwise with my lower rapidfire speeds (I haven't used anything above the 19sps on the P99) my guns never mess up or skip when shooting. BTW, just wanted to add that the COD4 default speed thats programmed into mode 6 when you first get it is WAYYYY too high (i think it said like 43.something) I got better results with the MW3 modes even when I used double tap in COD4

And one last thing, when I go to reboot the modchip after I overwrite my settings when customizing it says that if I hold down the tac/mod switch when rebooting it'll go back into programming mode, so if i want to disconnect i shouldn't hold it down. Well it still goes right back into programming mode when I dont hold the switch down when I want to disconnect it from my laptop, and it connects right back to the software.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
And one last thing, when I go to reboot the modchip after I overwrite my settings when customizing it says that if I hold down the tac/mod switch when rebooting it'll go back into programming mode, so if i want to disconnect i shouldn't hold it down. Well it still goes right back into programming mode when I dont hold the switch down when I want to disconnect it from my laptop, and it connects right back to the software.

Ooops that is a lie. That is a message box I copied from the PS3 version of the software. You don't need to reboot on the XBOX360 ragnarok, just make sure it's done writing the settings and then yank the cable out. If you reboot, it'll just reconnect iself to the computer. I'll have to edit those message boxes and then upload a new version of the XBOX360 Ragnarok customization software to the VikingDigital website.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Ooops that is a lie. That is a message box I copied from the PS3 version of the software. You don't need to reboot on the XBOX360 ragnarok, just make sure it's done writing the settings and then yank the cable out. If you reboot, it'll just reconnect iself to the computer. I'll have to edit those message boxes and then upload a new version of the XBOX360 Ragnarok customization software to the VikingDigital website.

ok thanks, i was wondering what was going on lol

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah if you didn't take that firmware update, basically rapidfire modes 2 through 10 end up being corrupted and shoot random speeds no matter what you enter. Glad you were able to take the firmware update. It's a lot easier than on past Viking products. I worked on trying to make programming this controller go smoothly.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah, I plugged it in, it installed the driver updates and I opened up the regular ragnarok software first to make sure it showed the old driver update, exited out, opened up the new driver firmware updater software and installed it. When I opened up the ragnarok software after it showed the 1.1 driver was installed so it worked perfectly. Only thing that hasn't worked right is the whole sprinting dilemma I'm having lol, and obviously when I lag my gun will stop shooting altogether. Crappy internet connection at home.

odingalt

Staff member
That sprinting thing would be really annoying. Are you sure you don't have sniper auto breath hold turned on? Although I don't see how that could be causing your problem. I.e. is the sprint thing still an issue with all the mods turned off (LED3 and LED4 are off)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I am going to test it right now with no mods on at all. It was doing it to me while I've been using JUST the Rapidfire (the only two modes I've really been using are Rapidfire on RT along with dropshot). It does get very annoying and idk why it would be doing it. I'll let you know, I'm playing now.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I will, my iPhone doesn't take the greatest pictures and I'm just lazy to connect it to my PC bc it has a lot to update (apps, music, etc.) I'll try and do it right now without opening iTunes and just snag the pics off of it, but I gotta take a better one than I did earlier.

EDIT: BTW, odin, I also can't turn off my controller in the MW3 lobby. Saw your topic about that you posted not too long ago and it did it for me. IDK about with a plain non-modded controller though, never tried.

Last edited:

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Sorry about the double post but here's the pics:

Xbox 360 Ragnarok 1.jpgXbox 360 Ragnarok 2.jpgXbox 360 Ragnarok 3.jpg

Gold XYAB and Guide buttons, Yellow LED (stupid iPhone picture made it look orange), Black shell with everything else stock. Also took a pic of the mod switch and the 3.5mm programming jack on the back. Just noticed a little wear on the Gold Guide button too, idk how to explain it, isn't chipping but like there's a few TINY little like bumps (almost a paint bubble???) idk but it is barely noticeable and doesn't bother me.

EDIT: Odin, I played a few more games tonight both with and without the mod on but I wasn't getting the same type of problems I was earlier today. I think it literally happened 1 or 2 times where it was noticeable within like 5 games or so. Maybe it was just because it was a brand new controller and I had to break in the thumbsticks? IDK, but when I get a chance to play more and test again I'll see what happens then. I'm gonna be gone all day for Christmas Eve so sometime at night I'll be able to play again.

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

Sorry about the double post but here's the pics:

View attachment 457View attachment 458View attachment 459

Gold XYAB and Guide buttons, Yellow LED (stupid iPhone picture made it look orange), Black shell with everything else stock. Also took a pic of the mod switch and the 3.5mm programming jack on the back. Just noticed a little wear on the Gold Guide button too, idk how to explain it, isn't chipping but like there's a few TINY little like bumps (almost a paint bubble???) idk but it is barely noticeable and doesn't bother me.

EDIT: Odin, I played a few more games tonight both with and without the mod on but I wasn't getting the same type of problems I was earlier today. I think it literally happened 1 or 2 times where it was noticeable within like 5 games or so. Maybe it was just because it was a brand new controller and I had to break in the thumbsticks? IDK, but when I get a chance to play more and test again I'll see what happens then. I'm gonna be gone all day for Christmas Eve so sometime at night I'll be able to play again.

Honestly, I think it is just the brand-new controller effect and you need to put a bit of wear / tear on the thumbsticks lol. (not too much! :p)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah, I'm thinkin' it was just because it was new. I'm going to play for a few more hours before I have to leave to go out in a while and I'll see if it does it.