just got the update can someone tell me what it did

Remmnever

You could have read through the thread that you created earlier today because the information is there.

Anyway I believe this small update was just a resolution fix for netbook/laptop users.

NYjetsNY1

ALL ARE ESTIMATES
A basic update for resolution is out. Xmas Day
The next update will fix analog sticks. New Years
Also will be a firmware update for the analog-fixing update. New Years
Then there is a big update after that- January-February that will add new features like x/y axis disabling, anti-recoils and bursts.. possible new LED configurations (maybe) and maybe other stuff....

Remmnever

NYjetsNY1 said:
Then there is a big update after that- January-February that will add new features like x/y axis disabling, anti-recoils and bursts.. possible new LED configurations (maybe) and maybe other stuff....

Wouldn't the anti-recoil be possible after the analog sticks fix? I'm still not sure why the bursts isn't possible, something about the macro incorrectly continuing?

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

Wouldn't the anti-recoil be possible after the analog sticks fix? I'm still not sure why the bursts isn't possible, something about the macro incorrectly continuing?

Yes but you still need x/y disabling for better antirecoil as well as this:
'humanized' rapidfire (create a long 5-6 second track of random rapidfire) but the macro will terminate the macro as soon as you release the trigger.
So your rapid fire has a full length shot by shot with analog stick by analog stick, terminated as you release the trigger.

"Macro looping" - within the VKM properties box underneath the time multiplier will be a drop-down that will let you select from various 'macro looping' options. I.e. loop once only, loop while held (play through last time), loop while held (terminate as soon as released). I'm not sure what the verbal descriptions will be but we buried it inside the properties box because it's an 'advanced' feature that requires some explanation before it is used. But this will let people run an infinte macro (press once to start, runs until you press again to stop) etc. Or will let you run a 3-round burst macro (play once per press) and will also let you create a longer 'humanized' rapidfire (create a long 5-6 second track of random rapidfire) but the macro will terminate the macro as soon as you release the trigger.

Remmnever

Hmm well all the timing stuff still confuses me as I have only had the controller a couple days. The initial learning curve for these controllers is really steep.

What exactly is x/y disabling and why is it needed?

The macro looping makes sense but what is the default setting for it now? Or can it just be disabled altogether until the customized settings are released?

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:
Hmm well all the timing stuff still confuses me as I have only had the controller a couple days. The initial learning curve for these controllers is really steep.

The macro looping makes sense but what is the default setting for it now? Or can it just be disabled altogether until the customized settings are released?

Right now if you hold the button, it will loop the macro. A macro will play out once you press it, there is no stopping it accept to change the page which will cut short. All these options will be able to change in future updates.

X/Y disabling is the Analog sticks disable the axis of either X or Y to make perfect up/down side/side macros.

Remmnever

NYjetsNY1 said:
Remmnever said:

Right now if you hold the button, it will loop the macro. A macro will play out once you press it, there is no stopping it accept to change the page which will cut short. All these options will be able to change in future updates.

X/Y disabling is the Analog sticks disable the axis of either X or Y to make perfect up/down side/side macros.

Well if the analogs were working properly (I might just test them tomorrow because I have not actually tried it myself) you can easily set the perfect up/down side/side in the timeline editor right? I was able to make it go straight down pretty easily in the editor.

If we just shortened the rapid fire macro for the fal so that it is only 3 sps wouldn't that equate to a 3-shot burst? So you would just tap the trigger for a quick burst and then macro would end.

I'm going to have to test this stuff out when I get back home I guess. Should be back tomorrow afternoon.

NYjetsNY1

Well if the analogs were working properly (I might just test them tomorrow because I have not actually tried it myself) you can easily set the perfect up/down side/side in the timeline editor right? I was able to make it go straight down pretty easily in the editor.

Yes, but not at the exact times, the macro would either over or underdo it, a useless antirecoil...
Not only that but the macro would be prolonged by the analog sticks, therefore the macro would not shoot and it would be crazy... its too hard to explain how it works but you need the "Humanized" macro (the one that it has each individual press on RT, that can be cut short, and has analog sticks at the right intervals)

If we just shortened the rapid fire macro for the fal so that it is only 3 sps wouldn't that equate to a 3-shot burst? So you would just tap the trigger for a quick burst and then macro would end.

No, that is very slow.. 3shots per second... very bad and not how it works at all. It would shoot once probably and it ends anyways...

For a 3 round burst you need a rapid fire that gets cancelled... again hard to explain

Remmnever

I see, I've got a lot to learn I guess lol. I'm going to go through timeline editor tutorial again so I can understand the times/speeds better.

Thanks for the info.

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:
I see, I've got a lot to learn I guess lol. I'm going to go through timeline editor tutorial again so I can understand the times/speeds better.

Thanks for the info.

It was really hard to learn at first but then i picked it up and now am an EXPERT at macros

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
Remmnever said:

Thanks for the info.

It was really hard to learn at first but then i picked it up and now am an EXPERT at macros
really you thought it was hard? i thought it was really simple, but im too lazy to actually make macros.