K so my sync button is broke.Where Do I solder this wire??

Krier023

Useful Poster
The easier way would be solder to the exposed trace that i circled in red on your picture.
014mdl.jpg

IrishStyle

xAciDx ReVeNgE said:
can i go directly onto the top on the sync button on the silver square cuz the wire wont stick to the circled spot

It wont stick because the trace was most likely ripped off the board. You can make the connection the the middle pin if the sync button. Or you can expose both sides of the ripped trace, tin them. Then take a piece of braided wire and coat it in flux. Then tin it. Then tack the wire to each side of the broken trace to repair it. If you repair the trace you could solder back onto the wire you used to repair the trace. You will most likely have to repair that trace to get the sync function back, but not sure without a good look.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Well dont down viking360. If you would have read everything when you bought the controller then you would have known that viking has a 90 day or so warranty. You could have sent your controller back to odin to get fixed for free, but its too late now because you opened the controller. this voids your warranty. if you cannot fix your controller on your own, then i am sure you can work something out with odin(owner) or fredrow(has own store selling vikings). So before you try to do something (like sueing) then read everything before jumping to conclusions. also if you tried to sue viking360 nothing would happen because viking is not in the wrong. they would have repaired your controller for free before you opened it

repiar would have been 80$ cuz of shipping and handling and my parents wernt spending any more cuz they bought me a dirt bike so free isnt the word.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Where do you live that it cost 80 dollars to ship a small lightweight controller. even if it was overseas?

IrishStyle

xAciDx ReVeNgE said:
im gonna be honset here my parents are thinking of sueing you guys. 150$ birthday present that broke first week of having it.

Ok let me get this straight, you voided any warranty you had by opening the controller. In doing so you most likely ripped the trace off. Krier and myself offer remedies for the problem and your response is "My parents are going to sue". So your parents are going to spend $3000 to $5000 to hire a lawyer to sue for a $150 controller that you most likely broke? You have two good options that were suggested to fix this yourself. You can either fix it yourself, contact Fredrow, or contact viking support and figure out the cost of a repair.

hmm the problem here is that i have done many diy`s and have all soldered nicely. this one isnt and on top of this i had the controller for a week before it broke. Whoever made this controller did a shit job and thats my problem here.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
xAciDx ReVeNgE said:
im gonna be honset here my parents are thinking of sueing you guys. 150$ birthday present that broke first week of having it.
Can you sue walmart if you buy a controller, it breaks, and you open it up and screw it up more? No. You didn't return it like they would have let you, so you're screwed.
xAciDx ReVeNgE said:
i live in saskatchewan and it cost 40 there and 40 back
Bull! I live in Ontario, and I had a PS3 shipped from the lower states for around 30. It ended up more fom duty etc., but I paid $30 for the shipping. You can just send it as a gift, it should even be proper here because you still own it, they aren't buying it from you or selling it back to you.
xAciDx ReVeNgE said:
hmm the problem here is that i have done many diy`s and have all soldered nicely. this one isnt and on top of this i had the controller for a week before it broke. Whoever made this controller did a poop job and thats my problem here.
It's not anyone's fault but your own that it isn't "soldering nicely". If you had a problem, they would have fixed it before you opened it. To late now, it's your own problem.

hmm my problem is i spent 150 one week and wasnt about to spen another 80 the next week to get it fixed cuz of the shit job they made in the first place. It shoould never have came apart in the first place therefore the service is shit here cuz they dontt know how to do a good solder point when there charging 100+ for there product when i search through the forums and see many problems the sam as mine