lag when used wireless

jerrod710

Is it normal to have a lag when using the Berserker wireless? It seems like there is almost a one second delay when I pull the rt to shoot before the weapon (no matter what weapon) actually starts to fire. Even to aim down site there seems to be a lag. When I plug it in there is no lag. Is this everybody's experience?

JIM WALKER

Only when my battery is low, even then though its only a micro second lag, perhaps your too far away from the xbox or the router ....

odingalt

Staff member
This does not sound normal. Do you have other 2.4GHz stuff in the neighborhood. I live out in the country and never have any issues with any 2.4GHz stuff but when I lived in Seattle the airwaves were clogged. Can you try resyncing/remarrying the controller to the console it might put the communications on a different radio channel. (This used to help with XBOX 360 wireless controller mic issues, resyncing the controller to get it on a different radio frequency/channel)

jerrod710

This does not sound normal. Do you have other 2.4GHz stuff in the neighborhood. I live out in the country and never have any issues with any 2.4GHz stuff but when I lived in Seattle the airwaves were clogged. Can you try resyncing/remarrying the controller to the console it might put the communications on a different radio channel. (This used to help with XBOX 360 wireless controller mic issues, resyncing the controller to get it on a different radio frequency/channel)
Live in a decent sized city next door to an apartment complex roughly 1,500 ft away. Xbox is 3 ft from me when playing and ac type modem router combo is 5 ghz and about 3 ft away as well. I will try resync tomorrow. Sounds like apartment complex may be causing interference.

odingalt

Staff member
Well keep this thread updated XBOX One is still relatively new. Anyway to answer the original question definitely not normal!

jerrod710

I don't have the issue with my Scuf. But I don't want to go through all the time without the Viking again. It is what it is I guess. Even if I use the to faster aiming perks on Ghosts there is a delay. I'll just deal with it rather than be without it awhile again.

odingalt

Staff member
I don't have the issue with my Scuf. But I don't want to go through all the time without the Viking again. It is what it is I guess. Even if I use the to faster aiming perks on Ghosts there is a delay. I'll just deal with it rather than be without it awhile again.

If it's broke, send it in. I'd like to see what "1 second lag" looks like when pressing buttons, because neither myself nor the staff have ever seen this on any wireless controller. It would be a very helpful specimen in the shop.

jerrod710

If it's broke, send it in. I'd like to see what "1 second lag" looks like when pressing buttons, because neither myself nor the staff have ever seen this on any wireless controller. It would be a very helpful specimen in the shop.
It's only happening on the rt and lt buttons when wireless. I'm gonna reload the runes on there sometime tomorrow night and see if it still is happening. Tonight it wasn't happening every time but it was frequent. If it still happens after I reload the rune pack I'm going to try turning some of the runes off to see it that fixes it. Also I noticed tonight when I was trying to shoot a couple campers in an area while I'm holding the trigger and turning either left or right the animations are jerky and slow which leads me to an idea that maybe too many mods are on at the same time. Which at the time was a rapid fire, anti recoil and auto run.

bonefisher

It's only happening on the rt and lt buttons when wireless. I'm gonna reload the runes on there sometime tomorrow night and see if it still is happening. Tonight it wasn't happening every time but it was frequent. If it still happens after I reload the rune pack I'm going to try turning some of the runes off to see it that fixes it. Also I noticed tonight when I was trying to shoot a couple campers in an area while I'm holding the trigger and turning either left or right the animations are jerky and slow which leads me to an idea that maybe too many mods are on at the same time. Which at the time was a rapid fire, anti recoil and auto run.
Is this the one I built for you? Maybe I'll take a look tonight to see if it does this on me......thinking I might have to put the anti-recoils in with the rapid fires so maybe it responds better.

jerrod710

Is this the one I built for you? Maybe I'll take a look tonight to see if it does this on me......thinking I might have to put the anti-recoils in with the rapid fires so maybe it responds better.
Yes it is. But, it did it before that on your original Ghosts setup which is what I put on it after I received the controller back from getting repaired. There are a lot of apartments around in this housing edition so there could just be interference. I'd just use it while plugged in if it didn't buzz in my turtle beaches.

jerrod710

It might just be too many runes in use at one time maybe. I will try to mess with it tomorrow night and see if I can come up with anything. It's just strange that the only delay is on rt and lt. There is no delay in the animation on any other buttons. When I hit jump it instantly jumps, when I crouch or lay it's instant, run is instant or any other joystick movements. Bonefisher, could it be the auto run you think? Just trying to think logically cause while moving and I go to ads (aim down sites if anybody is wondering) the game or animation is getting data telling it to sprint. Do you think it could be causing a temporary confusion in the animations? But that shouldn't cause the delay for the actual gun to fire after pulling the rt. I don't know, I'm not educated in code, programming, etc... just using logical thinking. I know my Internet is good. It's 45mbps and when I go to the speedtest website and run a test it's always really close within 3 mbps to the 45. New cables and modem.

jerrod710

When I turn the anti recoil off the issue when turning left or right while shooting the skipping does not exist. Maybe a better way to describe that is when firing it's like it tries to fight you when turning while shooting at the same time. It resists then gives you a little then resists and gives a little. It's on the Ghosts game. Running the rapid fire, anti recoil. The active led lights for the runes are the top left light, top right light and bottom right light. If it makes a difference which I don't know if it does I have been using the Chainsaw gun lately, haven't tried it on other guns. Maybe you can duplicate the issue on your end? I had the isp out and everything is fine with Internet service. I'm just trying to rule everything out. My NAT is moderate, can't get it to ever be open again with this new isp modem, even with the ports open for the xbox. Not sure if that has any affect on my issues or not.

bonefisher

When I turn the anti recoil off the issue when turning left or right while shooting the skipping does not exist. Maybe a better way to describe that is when firing it's like it tries to fight you when turning while shooting at the same time. It resists then gives you a little then resists and gives a little. It's on the Ghosts game. Running the rapid fire, anti recoil. The active led lights for the runes are the top left light, top right light and bottom right light. If it makes a difference which I don't know if it does I have been using the Chainsaw gun lately, haven't tried it on other guns. Maybe you can duplicate the issue on your end? I had the isp out and everything is fine with Internet service. I'm just trying to rule everything out. My NAT is moderate, can't get it to ever be open again with this new isp modem, even with the ports open for the xbox. Not sure if that has any affect on my issues or not.
Of course it will because you are matching the shot for the gun fire and it is pulling down every so many milliseconds causing this. All honestly I don't run anti-recoils on ghosts because it is impossible to tame just right. It changes directions to much.

odingalt

Staff member
Long story short. While the modchip controls the joystick, it overrides your thumb. For an anti-recoil script, if you want to be able to turn left and right, you need to limit the rune to only playback the Y-axis, leaving the X-axis completely free to be controlled by your thumb.

Edit your anti-recoil script. On the timeline editor, hover over the grey joystick (the one at the far left at the beginning of your joystick track). When you hover you should see a red x (to delete the track) and a crosshairs (to change the joystick axis behavior). Click on the crosshairs. In the pop-up, select up/down only. When this rune plays back it will only control the Y-axis and should leave you free to turn left/right as needed.

bonefisher

Long story short. While the modchip controls the joystick, it overrides your thumb. For an anti-recoil script, if you want to be able to turn left and right, you need to limit the rune to only playback the Y-axis, leaving the X-axis completely free to be controlled by your thumb.

Edit your anti-recoil script. On the timeline editor, hover over the grey joystick (the one at the far left at the beginning of your joystick track). When you hover you should see a red x (to delete the track) and a crosshairs (to change the joystick axis behavior). Click on the crosshairs. In the pop-up, select up/down only. When this rune plays back it will only control the Y-axis and should leave you free to turn left/right as needed.
I forgot to set it back after doing all that testing. Made it up/down only now. Should be good to go now!