Left Thumbstick Sprint

BLOODY MCH

This just recently started happening, i hold the the left thumbstick to sprint and i only sprint for about 5 seconds then it stops and wont do it again, i got the controller today and now its making me irraited, can someone please help cause i love this controller but it suks when you cant sprint in mw2!!

Paul

BLOODY MCH said:
This just recently started happening, i hold the the left thumbstick to sprint and i only sprint for about 5 seconds then it stops and wont do it again, i got the controller today and now its making me irraited, can someone please help cause i love this controller but it suks when you cant sprint in mw2!!

It sounds like you ran out of sprint in game. >.>

Krier023

Useful Poster
guys just to let you know posting the same thread in more than one section doesnt get your questions answered faster, it just crowds up the forums.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Paul said:
BLOODY MCH said:

Yeah. Try turning on marathon, see what happens. Maybe you had it on before and removed it at the same time you started using your viking.

BLOODY MCH

PS3andCOD said:
Paul said:
BLOODY MCH said:

Yeah. Try turning on marathon, see what happens. Maybe you had it on before and removed it at the same time you started using your viking.
no, its the wireing, i saw what it look like on the inside and he has tape holding the wires together.

Fredrow

First off. You never emailed me at all about this. I finally have some free time from all my college work and decided to log on and check out the forums and I see you sent me a PM on here. Next time you should email me about this, or EMAIL ME ABOUT THIS NOW.... Because I don't know who you are!!! And I wont know until I see your email address.

So are you saying that you opened up your controller?? I hope not since you problem don't know what your doing!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Mike,

Opening your controller is a great way to void your warranty. Also, last I recall, you just click the left thumbstick to sprint, you don't hold it down to sprint. Thirdly, it really does help to flash your controller with the button test code and post your results.

Sometimes customers pop open their controller thinking they were going to swap shells or do some other custom work (voiding the warranty), are pissed when they accidentally ripped wires off opening the mod, then make up stories to get a free repair.

In any case, if there really is a problem with the solder joint to the left thumbstick we'll gladly make the repairs, I replied to your support ticket with the details. We'll get the soldering iron hot and ready.

E

a42ozslushie

Hey I know this might not be the right place but how long is the wire usually connecting the tact switches to the front of the controller shell? I was wondering this to see if I could avoid having to solder those wires (once I fine the soldering iron in my garage haha) back on because I want to swap out my thumb sticks.

Fredrow

a42ozslushie said:
Hey I know this might not be the right place but how long is the wire usually connecting the tact switches to the front of the controller shell? I was wondering this to see if I could avoid having to solder those wires (once I fine the soldering iron in my garage haha) back on because I want to swap out my thumb sticks.

Yo my bad dude.... Been super busy.... Did you want to mail it to me or did you want to meet up at Fry's again?? I'm down for either!!!