Looping doesn't work and other woes...

DXM Cake

Haven't used my Viking controller in a couple months, partially out of frustration that I can't ever seem to deal with all of the problems that keep cropping up out of the woodwork. Alright, alright, it's unnecessary criticism for an otherwise great piece of hardware, but I'm just angry and bitter that the controller is so **** fickle.

My newest adventure begins with wanting to make a toggled rapid fire A button. In the timeline, 0.0-0.1 was a stretch of blank space followed immediately by 0.1-0.2 being the A button. Assigned the macro to the right TAC 1, changed the gear settings to loop it infinitely until I pressed the button again and I give it a go. It repeats once and stops. I press it again. It happens again, then magically stops. I go back to confirm that I changed the loop function. I did. Synced the controller up again and uploaded the single macro to the controller. Still no dice.

From here, I figure that I would just loop it the way I used to. Before the 0.8.7.5 update, I would find a way to keep the button depressed so I could walk away to do something else or sleep or whatever. I try holding down the button with my thumb first to see if it loops properly before I set it to automate itself. Nothing happens and the button feels kind of loose. I lift my finger and the button doesn't come back up. I try to dig it out and the button falls entirely inside the shell where I can't reach it without dismantling the controller.

Now, I don't want a repeat of what happened to that button, so leave the left TAC alone. Instead, I come here looking for the new, proper way to start the loop that I don't have to supervise, because nothing is working as I imagined it should. I have the latest software, fresh batteries, etc. but it doesn't change the fact that I can't get the thing to loop when I tell it to.

odingalt

Staff member
-Stupid question, are you running the latest and greatest firmware? You have to be running the latest firmware, otherwise none of the looping options work.

-Try the attached macro (assigned to a TAC switch, of course). How this macro is SUPPOSED to work (let us know what happens): Tap the tac switch to start the macro playback. Button-A is pressed 20 times per second. Tap the tac switch, macro stops.

Also, you should open up a support ticket at the viking360.com website to get the tac switch repaired. You just pay shipping, they take care of the rest (assuming your warranty sticker is in-tact and there isn't a bunch of turpentine or cleaning solvent inside your shell or something crazy like that).

Attachments

• Turbo A button.vkm
    576 bytes · Views: 4

DXM Cake

Pretty sure I updated my firmware when it was first available.

Kind of strange really. I replaced the batteries on a whim and the looping suddenly works fine, despite using fresh batteries in both instances. Weird stuff. Anyway, I'll see about the support ticket. Thanks.