Mac compatible?

Legacy

Im interested in buying a mod kit and buying it myself but I have a question can your software run with a mac or is it windows only?

odingalt

Staff member
No Mac support. One could try using this on something like Mac BootCamp?

There are a variety of USB bootloaders out there, but we went with Microchip's stock bootloader due to wide compatability with Windows. Unfortunately their flashing software only comes in the Windows flavor.

There are a variety of freeware bootloaders we chose not to go with, and most of those were still either Windows-only or Windows/Linux. I believe UBW32 is the only one with a Mac interface software released.

Sorry Mac guys! It's been this way for the last 9 years on every one of my hobby projects, I just never support Mac. Not that Mac isn't a fine product, but most of my customers are usually Dell owners. Economically it's not worth the extra trouble developing Mac compatability for the extra 2 sales a month I would receive.

Legacy

Darn that sucks but your correct When will this guide will be completed I look foward to ordering the mod kit to attempt to make my own.

odingalt

Staff member
GAMEROMS is a hardcore modder unaffiliated with Viking360. I ran into him on acidmods and he was one of the first to buy a kit. Anyway he's been working on a tutorial and the few pictures he has in the sticky under the "DIY" forum is already better than the guide I put together last week! I'm hoping to bribe him with some mod chips but I think the guy just loves this hobby.

Anyway we're at his disposal on completion time of the guide and I don't want to bother him because he would just tell me to eat grass and quit working on it and then I'll have to use my digital camera myself :)