Macro bugs?

Bedfordx

Hey Guys,

I've just been editing some macros for blackops and ive come across some problems/bugs, don't know if this is just me or if you could help a bro out...

1. I have a macro that automatically holds down the Left stick when i press the left trigger (holds sniper breath when aiming). However once i have press the Left trigger once the left stick continues to remain help down, even if i dont have my finger holding down the left trigger.

2. When trying to make an automatic 360 spin macro i will make it so the arrows point perfectly left for about 5 seconds or so.. i assaign it to my A button (so its a jumping 360), however when i press A it will spin but will look towards the ground. So in actualy fact instead of pointing perfectly left for 5 seconds it points diagonally down to the left, so i end up facing the floor.

Any help?

Thanks,
-Bedford x

odingalt

Staff member
Re-open your 360 spin macro and look carefully at the white dots in the red circles again. Are they still in the same place you put them when you created and uploaded the macro to your controller? In 0.8.4.1 all my analog stick values get corrupted every time I save a macro. I forwarded about 3 bug reports to our dev... still sitting here twiddling my thumbs... it worked fine and dandy in older version of the software. They f@#^ed up and added about 10 bugs in the last 2 versions of the software, mostly relating to the analog sticks...

odingalt

Staff member
On you problem #1 can you post the macro you are using?

Do you have 0.8.4.1b firmware, is the problem still there?

Also, if you have in any way tried to carry over .vkm or .vks files from software 0.8.2.xxxx - don't - they're corrupted and you got to delete them.

Bedfordx

Yeah the macro changes its self sometimes when put on the controller, and sometimes stays the same... Either way the analog sticks dont do what i want them to. I'm on the newest firmware (the analog sticks worked fine in early firmware).
[attachment=0:2urjwdb1]360 Spin 6 Sens.vkm[/attachment:2urjwdb1]

odingalt

Staff member
Bedfordx said:
Yeah the macro changes its self sometimes when put on the controller, and sometimes stays the same... Either way the analog sticks dont do what i want them to. I'm on the newest firmware (the analog sticks worked fine in early firmware).
[attachment=0:2govgs2y]360 Spin 6 Sens.vkm[/attachment:2govgs2y]

I can tell you with absolutely certainty it's not related to the firmware (firmware doesn't modify macros). We should have a software update in about 10 days, will have to revisit this issue when the new software is out.

Bedfordx

Sounds like a plan :) well i suppose if it's not the firmware it must be the Viking Macro Editor? i dont have the slightest clue so i'm just taking wild stabs at the cause of the problem, either way it's not that urgent for me as i can always do a 360 my self (just now with perfect precision+i'm lazy). Have a good one..

-Bedfordx