Macro Controller Issue??

morinzo

The controller has worked perfect since I built it 1.5yrs ago & recently it started acting up, when you press left on the dpad it acts like I'm pressing the A-Button.

Any ideas, should I look for a loose wire or do you think the chip should be rewired or reseated?

JIM WALKER

The controller has worked perfect since I built it 1.5yrs ago & recently it started acting up, when you press left on the dpad it acts like I'm pressing the A-Button.

Any ideas, should I look for a loose wire or do you think the chip should be rewired or reseated?

Suggest you pm odingalt, or even start a support ticket .....

odingalt

Staff member
It's more than likely going to be a problem with the solderless clip-on.

Attachments

• CG2 Ragnarok Clip-on connections.jpg
    CG2 Ragnarok Clip-on connections.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 7

odingalt

Staff member
You need to figure out how to un-short or un-bridge the pins on the solderless clip, you can see that Button A and D-Pad Left pins are right next to each other. (They are listed "one apart" in the pic but look closely you'll see it goes top row - bottom row - top row - bottom row so technically they are both on the same row next to each other).

modded matt

I agree, but its very odd for this clip to short after its been installed for 1.5 years without a serious impact or tampering.

LOL tell the truth, you tried to put it in a new controller didn't you???

odingalt

Staff member
Could be moved to a different climate or shipped it to a buddy. I swear we have tested certain XBOX 360 macro controllers multiple times in Kennewick (arid dry desert type climate) and shipped it andit wouldn't work and played the old ship it back and forth 50 times game and it always works when it's at our shop. Maybe it's related to humidity. Did you move to a new location recently?