Macro file types

KIL0 iRecon

I see a lot of people uploading .VKM files. When I try to open a file in my Viking Software it will only open .VKS files. Does anybody know the difference or how to make one file into the other?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

KIL0 iRecon said:
I see a lot of people uploading .VKM files. When I try to open a file in my Viking Software it will only open .VKS files. Does anybody know the difference or how to make one file into the other?
you cant open the VKMs on the gamepad you need to either open it in the timeline or open it on the button it was made for(I.E rapid fire for right trigger gets opened on right trigger) so dont open VKMs on the gamepad with the file folder.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The .VKM is sort of a sub-file... You should be able to load them into a .VKS. A .VKS is basically a bunch of .VKM's assigned to buttons and stuff, whereas the .VKM is the actuall timeline editing and stuff. Make sense?

KIL0 iRecon

Thanks guys, that actually does make sense now that I think about it. I really didn't know there was a difference or that it mattered where you opened the files.

odingalt

Staff member
Was probably made with an older version of the software... unfortunately we've got 'backwards compatibility' issues pretty much anything before 0.8.1.4 won't work with 0.8.1.4 or newer.