Macro Library Organization

Remmnever

I have been going through the Macro Library and I have noticed it is pretty difficult to find macros I am looking for. I was thinking it might be a good idea to form some sub sections in each game's macro library. For example in the black ops section there could be sub sections for reloading, rapid fire, jitter, drop shot, etc. This would allow people to easily go through the macro library and find the macros they are looking for instead of having to go through each page and look through the list.

Then maybe a sub section for LED macros because I know everyone is obsessed with changing their LED lights around.

I really think sub sections would help everyone and it would make things look more organized. This will be very important when the macro library grows and there are thousands of different macros in there. I would hate to scroll through 20 pages just to find a new interesting macro.

This search function is good but more sub sections would be better in my opinion. Anyone else have any suggestions on how to improve the macro library?

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yes I also think that an organization of the macro library would help. When looking through the black ops section, there are too many fast reloads to find what you are looking for. Sub categories of the library would help a lot.

btw is this remmnever from se7ensins?

stw

They also need to aprove macros more often, not a new macro in the library since 30 nov. :S

NYjetsNY1

Yes, i cant ever upload anything to the macro library. It just sits there for weeks never getting approved!!!!!

Remmnever

Krier023 said:
btw is this remmnever from se7ensins?

Yep the one and only ;) . I ended up with your old Raven duo but I just bought a new Viking macro controller yesterday. I'm excited to try things out. But yeah I was going through the macro library because I wanted to make/edit some macros so I'm ready when it gets here but I thought it really needed some more organization.

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:
Yes, i cant ever upload anything to the macro library. It just sits there for weeks never getting approved!!!!!

There aren't any macros pending approval right now. It's quite possible I rejected your macro - I reject any macros that don't have a proper description placed in the comments box.

When editing your .VKM be sure to click on the properties box (the grey gears) and populate the description so people can read about what they are downloading.

Remmnever

odingalt said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

There aren't any macros pending approval right now. It's quite possible I rejected your macro - I reject any macros that don't have a proper description placed in the comments box.

When editing your .VKM be sure to click on the properties box (the grey gears) and populate the description so people can read about what they are downloading.

Thanks for your work odin. What do you think about the macro library sub sections suggestion? I think now is the time to do it because there aren't many macros uploaded yet. When the macro library grows it would be a nightmare to organize thousands of macros.

odingalt

Staff member
Remmnever said:
odingalt said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

Thanks for your work odin. What do you think about the macro library sub sections suggestion? I think now is the time to do it because there aren't many macros uploaded yet. When the macro library grows it would be a nightmare to organize thousands of macros.

Well I have mixed feelings, if people use the description box properly and the search feature then I don't see how finding a macro can be a problem. It seems though that they need to allow for the "AND" operator in searches. Right now when I search for "fast reload" I get every macro with the words fast OR reload in it.

If I search for M14 fast reload, I should only see that macro. If the search box allowed AND operators and people were more descriptive in the comments box I don't think we'd need subcategories. Some subcategories aren't very clear. What about FIFA 2010 where there are 30-40 different moves? How does one break out the moves into further subcategories?

With fast reload there are still 40-50 macros (a bunch with SOH turned on and a bunch with SOH turned off) so a subcategory wouldn't really help in that case. I'm not sure the best way to solve this one lol. Let's keep talking about this and see if we can figure it out.

Remmnever

Well I think some people may also go to the macro library to browse. That is the reason I went there for the first time. Or others might go there to get ideas for new macros. If you know what you are looking for then I think the search function is good but it is difficult to browse through several pages of macros, it is easy to miss one if it in the middle of 20 reload macros.

This stuff is new to everyone so I don't know if people quite know what to expect. I think the possibilities of macros are endless. But we need each other to sparks ideas and creativity. I agree that is it hard to come up with sub categories for each game. My controller isn't here yet so I can't even try any of them for ideas until next week.

I do think the descriptions are very important because that is all people know about the macro before they download it. Videos to accompany the macro description would be amazing but a lot of work as well for the uploader and site admin to maintain.

The sub categories for each game would need to be different. I listed examples of the ones for black ops. Fighting games would obviously have sub categories for each player. Sports gaming maybe having sub categories for the type of macro. For example, scoring, stealing, passing, misc, etc for soccer. Then walk through categories for platformers.

Maybe other people that have more experience creating and using the macros available will have ideas as well.

smallx

Someone should make 'walk through' macros for super meat boy lol :). but if the macro is too long then it gets less and less accurate

NYjetsNY1

Macro library
-black ops
-mw2

clicks black ops
-fast reloads (no-s-h)
-fast reloads (with -s-h)
-rapid fires
-dropshots
-miscellaneous (including turbo knifes, etc)
-LED mods? (possibly)

also NEED 4 DIFF COLORED LEDS PER PAGE PL0X

I dont want to be rude about this but wouldnt it be smart to remove those fast reloads mods because they dont work? If we are gonna make new ones anyway wouldnt it make sense to remove that which doesnt work to make the library easy to sift though?

Again, please dont take anything I say as mean/rude. This is the first forum that I have actually been active on in trying to find out stuff for other members as well as for myself and learn.