macro libray for members only

azagorath

since the macro library is for members to share i suggest that only members that can login to the macro library can only download macros in other words , if one did not buy the controller then he can not download macros . the reason i say that is yesterday on xbl i heard two guys talking about taking macros from the library and they dont have the controller , simply i dont want anyone that is not a member of viking modz use my macros or other people macros cuz we spend time making them

odingalt

Staff member
azagorath said:
since the macro library is for members to share i suggest that only members that can login to the macro library can only download macros in other words , if one did not buy the controller then he can not download macros . the reason i say that is yesterday on xbl i heard two guys talking about taking macros from the library and they dont have the controller , simply i dont want anyone that is not a member of viking modz use my macros or other people macros cuz we spend time making them

From a marketing standpoint that would hurt my business if potential customers can't see the macros that they would be allowed to have if they purchase a Viking360 controller?

Second question - exactly how are they going to use the downloaded macros with no Viking360 controller? :)

azagorath

odingalt said:
azagorath said:

From a marketing standpoint that would hurt my business if potential customers can't see the macros that they would be allowed to have if they purchase a Viking360 controller?

Second question - exactly how are they going to use the downloaded macros with no Viking360 controller? :)
i totally understand your point , you can make macro sample available for public this way customers can take a look at the product and make a decision , i tried so many modded controller out their and by far viking is the best . i think your product sell itself
i don't know how they going to use or what there intentions i am a system engineer i have no idea about console hardware ;) but i just wanna give u heads up

Remmnever

Yeah I don't think they will be able to do anything with the macros unless they have the controller. I know before I bought my controller I wanted to investigate the macro library to see what was available.I also goofed around in the software to see how things worked. I don't think people want to drop $200-$300 on a product they don't know much about.

azagorath

Remmnever said:
Yeah I don't think they will be able to do anything with the macros unless they have the controller. I know before I bought my controller I wanted to investigate the macro library to see what was available.I also goofed around in the software to see how things worked. I don't think people want to drop $200-$300 on a product they don't know much about.
well in this case i guess if they can not do anything with the macros without the controller then i think it safe as i said i do not know much about consols hardware or controller hardware , i am thinking the same way as i think in my expertise field make my system available yet protect it .

NYjetsNY1

As everyone said above, there is no need to protect the macro library. It is not compatible with any other controller. Good luck getting it to be, the chip is too advanced for 99% of modding companies. Not only that but they'd need 6 tacs, and if they stole the viking software, I smell a lawsuit.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah the only thing that could happen is if you actually discover a new combination of buttons that unlock an exploit, and then build a macro, and then upload that macro - non-viking customers would open up and at least view your macro and see what the button combination is if they wanted to manually replicate that exploit.

Like last year when the javelin glitch was available.

Krier023

Useful Poster
NYjetsNY1 said:
Ultimately it is better to keep macro library for everyone.
I agree with this, although I understand what azzagorath is saying. If a glitch is found out and only viking knows about it, If only members had the software, then only viking members would know about the glitch. This is the only reason to keep it for viking members, but isnt very important because even if we find a glitch, it will probably become leaked.

NYjetsNY1

Krier023 said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Ultimately it is better to keep macro library for everyone.
I agree with this, although I understand what azzagorath is saying. If a glitch is found out and only viking knows about it, If only members had the software, then only viking members would know about the glitch. This is the only reason to keep it for viking members, but isnt very important because even if we find a glitch, it will probably become leaked.

True, but yeah macro library is open!