Macro Questions Before Buy

Nightwolf

Hiya again guys, I bought a Macro controller awhile back, and then once it had fullfilled its use, I sold it, but now I potentially need it again, but have some questions first. I know the controller is good for fighting games and FPS, but I am not interested in all these fancy FPS mods, I need to know somethings I never looked into when I owned one:

Turbo...I know the controller can be used for rapid fire, but is it possible to hold a button down and have it turbo?

Scenario: Gears Of War 3 Spotter Medal - Can I turbo the LS button (pressing down on LS) and set it to a tac, then hold the tac down and make it turbo to boost this medal when I am AFK?

Also, memory, how long can I record inputs without issue? I recorded combos previously, so 1 - 5 seconds, is it possible to record 1 minute and 30 seconds on the controller then have it play back with precision? For example for help in getting speedruns and time trials done in games by recording a certain section etc, how many things can you record, can I record more than 1 macro?

I keep reading about a new controller, mine was bought in 2012 I think, has there been any changes to the controller since then? If so what?

EDIT, Ok further reading I am guessing the new controller is for XBOX One, its the 360 version I am after, but it says out of stock, any news when more are coming?

Last edited:

modded matt

yes, turbo is an option.
no, I do not believe the record feature will hold 30 sec, 10-15 secs maybe, but I could be wrong, this is not a feature I use. the only wany to record more than one macro would be to record it, upload and save it to your pc, record another, upload, assign them both to tacts, repeat.
yes, the new controller is for xbox one.
It may be awhile.

odingalt

Staff member
The only button you can hold down to turbo is the triggers, it won't work on the other buttons. To turbo Button A for example, you can only set it up to "tap once to start turbo, tap again to start turbo" or else assign it to an aftermarket tac switch and you can hold down the tac switch to turbo the Button A.

Analog joysticks are not accurate enough for long recordings and the controller software will choke on long recordings, the macro controller is best for short moves and macros 30 seconds or less like matt said, more like fifa moves or fighting games moves or even maybe street fighter trials. If it uses joystick analogs it'll be off a little, if it uses digital buttons (d-pad and other buttons) it's gonna be pretty **** accurate.