Macro Tutorials?

DM RoseTyler

Are there any better macro tutorials out there? the ones on the main website didn't really help me when it came to using the timeline editor and there aren't any on youtube. thanks

DM RoseTyler

Is it possible to do a certain input on your controller, while having it connected to your PC and then those inputs show up on the timeline editor so I can just fine tune it?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
This might work for u, assign a record and playback on one of your tac switches then when your doing your combos make sure the record is on. whenever your happy with the playback results take your controller and plug it into the firmware editor and click the export loader. Its the one to the left that u use to load your layouts to your controller buttons. When u export out your saved playback you can now open it up and it will be like u made that macro u recorded and u can try to fine tune it up from there and then u can re name it and assign it to your desired spot to use it.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
DM RoseTyler

The only vids we have are the tutorials that come on the CD-ROM (same ones are the ones on the website same ones on youtube). I will be working these holidays on my vacation time to beef up the tutorial library starting over at the beginning with the basics.

DM RoseTyler

The record - playback works excellently, if the controller couldn't do that for the timeline editor, I'd never have gotten close to how I am supposed to lay out the moves in tekken, although i tried to fine tune the EWGF (just frame move) it wasn't 100% consistent, sometimes it would do the right input but at the wrong time? idk like it would do the Y too late or something I'm gonna try work on some other moves and maybe upload the really hard moves to the library so that nobody else has to deal with the pain of fine tuning a move :)

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
The thing about the record and playback is when it comes to analog movements u wont get the exact same results every time. There are sooo many variable's that effect the timing of the playback. One major one is game lag. the game can run at different speeds due to lag connection also if there are sensitivity setting that will factor heavily how the functions play out. If u start to edit your play back macro its a lot of give and take. U really have to get dedicated to it and just keep trial and error-ing it out till your satisfied with the results. Patience and time! trust me i know.

Last edited:

DM RoseTyler

I got pretty frustrated with the inconsistency so I just took a break from trying untill tomorrow, I won't give up untill I can get an 100% just frame, I know it's possible because I've seen macro videos of people doing it, they just don't tell you how

DM RoseTyler

Dude what's the deal with me needing to send my macro to the controller like 9 times before it's actually on it? its slowing down the process like crazy..

odingalt

Staff member
Dude what's the deal with me needing to send my macro to the controller like 9 times before it's actually on it? its slowing down the process like crazy..

Does not sound to me like how a healthy working macro controller functions.