Mail-In Service...

Wootnezzy

I know now that i'm definitley going to send in my controller to get modded cause it usually costs less, and was wondering if viking does it. If they do, how much would it cost for the Thor's Hammer and Tyr's Hand Modding?

Post back, Wootnezzy.

Wootnezzy

Oh ok, but I was wondering for the Thor's Hammer and Tyr's Hand mod. I'll look it up, thanks.

P.S. I found it and he only has the Hammer and Raven, so I think im going to get the Hammer, because I don't really see the difference between the Hammer and Raven. Let me know the difference if you could tell me.

P.S.S. Ifigured out the only difference is that the Ravin has two tactile buttons and the Hammer uses the sync button.

So thanks for the info, Wootnezzy. :D

viking360fan

Wootnezzy said:
Oh ok, but I was wondering for the Thor's Hammer and Tyr's Hand mod. I'll look it up, thanks.

P.S. I found it and he only has the Hammer and Raven, so I think im going to get the Hammer, because I don't really see the difference between the Hammer and Raven. Let me know the difference if you could tell me.

the difference is the tacticle switches make it easier to switch modes ands it allot easier to switch modes wile playing snd

Paul

PS3andCOD said:
There are some colors that he might not do though, like purple. Some LED's just don't work very well...

It's not that they don't work very well (well some don't) the manufactures Viking and ESE buy from make working LEDs, it's how many Volts the LEDs use.

It was smart for Microsoft to use low Volt LEDs for the controllers because they will never "dim." The more volts LEDs need, the dimmer they'll be if you're low on power. Low Volt colors are the best IMO if you don't always use the PnC (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green) Colors along the lines of Blue, Purple, and Pink require more volts for the LEDs.

Wootnezzy

Sorry Fredrow. I would mail mine in, but my friend at Voodoo Controllers promised me a discount. I might stick around on the forums a while since I might get another controller modded.

P.S. Fredrow, I am still thinking about it, so i might buy one of yours it might be easier to use. TTYL, L8ER.

P.S.S. Fredrow, If I make a shell and send it in to you can you put my mod in it?

viking360fan

what kind of discount these mods are cheap and you can reprogram them guranteed there discount isnt worth it in the long run viking360 is free updates and software FOR LIFE FOR LIFE AND I REPEAT IT AGAIN FOR LIFE.

Paul

Wootnezzy said:
Sorry Fredrow. I would mail mine in, but my friend at Voodoo Controllers promised me a discount. I might stick around on the forums a while since I might get another controller modded.

P.S. Fredrow, I am still thinking about it, so i might buy one of yours it might be easier to use. TTYL, L8ER.

P.S.S. Fredrow, If I make a shell and send it in to you can you put my mod in it?

If by make it you mean paint it then he probably can.

BTW: Voodoo Controllers was originally Crown Mods, the leeching, scamming garbage of the RF market (the bottom of the dump.) As a matter of fact, I think it closed down because one of the owner's scammed the other. Anyway: Don't say we didn't warn you. It may look flashy for the first hour, but you'll realize it truly sucks.

odingalt

Staff member
Paul said:
PS3andCOD said:
There are some colors that he might not do though, like purple. Some LED's just don't work very well...

It's not that they don't work very well (well some don't) the manufactures Viking and ESE buy from make working LEDs, it's how many Volts the LEDs use.

It was smart for Microsoft to use low Volt LEDs for the controllers because they will never "dim." The more volts LEDs need, the dimmer they'll be if you're low on power. Low Volt colors are the best IMO if you don't always use the PnC (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green) Colors along the lines of Blue, Purple, and Pink require more volts for the LEDs.

Affirmative. We buy some extra low forward voltage blue's out of China now that are brighter than anything we could get in the states (mouser, digikey). We stopped serving pink/purple because while the ones we were getting were bright, we had a customer who had not one, but two of them fail (perhaps the forward voltage was too low and letting through too much current). In any case, good advice. We had some troubles the first 3 months we were open for business (Say about mid-September and prior) with the reds and blues getting very dim on low batts or batt packs.

But we are good to go now with all the colors offered on the product page.

Paul

odingalt said:
Paul said:
PS3andCOD said:

Affirmative. We buy some extra low forward voltage blue's out of China now that are brighter than anything we could get in the states (mouser, digikey). We stopped serving pink/purple because while the ones we were getting were bright, we had a customer who had not one, but two of them fail (perhaps the forward voltage was too low and letting through too much current). In any case, good advice. We had some troubles the first 3 months we were open for business (Say about mid-September and prior) with the reds and blues getting very dim on low batts or batt packs.

But we are good to go now with all the colors offered on the product page.

Low voltage bright blues, I WANT THEM!