Mass produced crap?

Wetter

NOT TRYING TO BE AN ADVERTI*****T.

[url]http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Turbo-Fire-EVO-Wireless-Controller-for-Xbox-360__EF001017v.aspx

D[/URL]atel, a leading company in 3rd party controllers, can apparently, perform macros. I do not know to what extent, but that's what it's advertised as. It has 1.7 LCD display to change speeds/fine tune your rumble.

Overall, I think it will be garbage compared to the macro.

Also, could one of the admins please reset the password to WetterThanWater? And send me a pm of what the new password is? Because I've tried for a few months, and I can never get it to reset, it just redirects me back to http://www.Vikingforums.com.

IrishStyle

Man that thing is ugly as all hell. Price range is good for the functions it has, I can finally afford a macro controller now lol.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
It seems like a good CHEAP quality alternative if you couldn't afford a macro controller but there are way more functionalities on the macro then this controller. Plus the software is way more customizable. However I do like the built in screen kind of cool but Im sure it would feel weird in the hand.

WetterThanWater

If I got it, it would be just to take it apart, see what's inside, see if I can screw around with the insides. But I have a feeling, that if I did, I'd drop it and crack the screen, or something.

Also, that would cut into my fund for a GTX 580.

WetterThanWater

Not too great at the moment, and I don't know the exact specs (Names of all the parts)

But, I have a Quad core 3 GHz non O/C.

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 (Supports CrossFireX)

Don't know the motherboard off by heart, too lazy to check

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 8800 (As a backup GPU.)

400watt PSU.

And too lazy to get into much details. But it does let me run any game I want, on max or near max settings, usually.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Im running pretty similar and was thinking about upgrading to that same exact video card (strange huh?)

HippieMagic

One 580 is pretty good for 1080p but Battlefield 3 will only run around 40-50 FPS with it with everything cranked up. I suggest the 3gb version to give yourself a little room for textures.

I currently run 2 GTX 580s in this PC and if the 680s(or whatever their high end is) have a fair amount of RAM I may upgrade to them. 1.5GB is kind of pushing it in BF3 lol.

Krier023

Useful Poster
honestly, it looks like one of the better 3rd party macro controllers. I would definitely stay away from datel though. The lcd screen is pretty cool, just wish microsoft would come out with something like that.

odingalt

Staff member
I'd love to produce something like this, but it's illegal. They are still in a pending lawsuit with Microsoft. As I understand it, they paid an in-house Microsoft employee to provide them with proprietary/trade secret information on the way a controller syncs to the console. This is one method Microsoft uses to control what accessories can be connected to the console. In addition to that, the device should have a unique product ID issues through a contract with Microsoft. Again, they did not follow procedure and have stolen the product ID from a legit XBOX360 controller.

Luckily, they are based in the UK and are going to make as much money as they can before Microsoft wins the lawsuit and sends the British police busting down their door.

Like I said, I thought of this controller two years ago, but there's just no way for me to legally produce these in the U.S.A. :-(

"The Turbofire EVO costs $55 and is available right now from Datel. At least, it's available until Microsoft sues Datel again."

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah I was wondering how they made a wireless controller themselves (no Microsoft base controller like Viking) but then it says they are not condoned, our encouraged by Microsoft, even though they have Microsoft proprietary wireless.

odingalt

Staff member
Even if I got licensing from Microsoft for a rapidfire controller, I can't imagine how cheap of a piece of crap I would be producing if I could retail it for $59. I would end up trying to make something like a Razer controller, except with mods in it. Even if I produced 10,000 of them I would be retailing in the range of $99-$119 in order to get some quality into the controller. I keep meaning to buy a Razer to see if it feels as good as they make it look. I like the idea, the only caution I would have I guess is the quality of the stucks/buttons/etc. I do like the MS controllers with the exception that about 10% of their controllers seem to have drifting stick issues.

Fredrow

I'd love to produce something like this, but it's illegal. They are still in a pending lawsuit with Microsoft. As I understand it, they paid an in-house Microsoft employee to provide them with proprietary/trade secret information on the way a controller syncs to the console. This is one method Microsoft uses to control what accessories can be connected to the console. In addition to that, the device should have a unique product ID issues through a contract with Microsoft. Again, they did not follow procedure and have stolen the product ID from a legit XBOX360 controller.

Luckily, they are based in the UK and are going to make as much money as they can before Microsoft wins the lawsuit and sends the British police busting down their door.

Like I said, I thought of this controller two years ago, but there's just no way for me to legally produce these in the U.S.A.

"The Turbofire EVO costs $55 and is available right now from Datel. At least, it's available until Microsoft sues Datel again."

I almost bought one of these controllers made by Datel, Fry's Electronics carries them!!!!
But after reading all of this stuff from you guy's about it I think I will be going back to buy one now just to see what it really can do!!