Microsoft saves gamers $150, brings Xbox One button remapping to all controllers

bonefisher

This is old news but great news. Have you downloaded Windows 10 to check out how they tied in with Xbox One. Pretty Cool!

40_ounce

Oh sorry... I haven't heard that they will be doing this for the regular controllers. I do know that there will be a elite controller with remapping. I haven't installed Win10 yet. I don't feel like switching over just yet I have my PC set up perfect right now since i don't use my xbox much anymore I primarily play on PC now.

odingalt

Staff member
They are just following Sony with regards to stock button remapping from the dashboard. Sony did this and so now Microsoft has to do it too :)

With regards to Windows 10 it looks like they did some integration between your console's dashboard and Windows 10??

modded matt

I got the xbox one new dashboard (beta) update last night. its kinda cool, but you have to relearn the GUI all over again and MS changed small simple things that piss me off like on the voice commands. previous dashboard builds all use the term "xbox launch" to open a notification. now they changed it to "xbox open that" Which is not a big deal, but I kept telling it to launch and it would not respond (I know first world problems right?) All snaps are on the left. There are a handful of bugs in the software so they have alot of fixing to do before they can release this to the general public. But in all the interface seems to be more responsive and overall faster to use.

There is a new tab in the controller update section of the settings which is titled "button remapping" but it will not allow me to access it until I update the controller an I dont wan update my Berserker yet. I will try it with one of my old controllers and report back.

bonefisher

Have not played yet on pc but everything else is working awesome on windows 10. Working long hours right now, when I get a chance I'll set pc up for some game play to let you know how it is working.

modded matt

The win 10 integration dosnt work yet with xbox one, not even for preview members. The win 10 app is cool and gives you all your profile, friends list, etc. But the play to feature/game streaming feature is not running yet.

As for the win 10 switch, do it, you will love it. It installs as an update without any loss of settings or data. If your going to do a clean install which is what I did on my laptop, you must update via the update tab, then pull your new windows 10 registry key and use that for your fresh free install. what I am trying to convey is that if you just insert the new OS via disk or USB and try to reformat, the windows key for your win7 or win8 machine off the sticker will not work for a new install. The key changes when going from older OS to the new win 10. As I upgrade the OS on the computers in my company, I am making a new label for each PC that has the new key in case there is a virus or something that needs reformatting later down the road and I recommend this to everyone.

But as for the OS itself, its a great product.

modded matt

Not sure to be honest. You can plug anything into the HDMI input port and it will pass through, but you would still need to control your device through its own menu.

I am ordering one of these soon: Hauppauge 1578 Digital TV Tuner
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...FB88XMOTWoaAk788P8HAQ&is=REG&m=Y&A=details&Q=

With that reciever, the channels come into the xbox so DVR and channel changing is done via the xbox menu. it also allows for one guide integration.

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for posting. I'm literally too lazy to launch my XBOX One sitting here next to me, so now I can just follow the video link you posted.