Microsoft....YES!!!!

Fredrow

My time has finally came!!! After talks with Microsoft over the past couple weeks, I finally have my job interview with them tomorrow at 10am!!! Oh yeah and the job is within the Xbox department!!! The position is for a test-technician at the main Xbox-Microsoft campus in Redmond and I'm one of only two people who is fighting for this job. Just wanted to share this with you guy's so that if any of you are into praying, maybe you can give a shout-out for me because I'm going to need any extra help I can get to land my dream job!!!!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Good luck man I hope you can get that job! I know a guy that does similar things at microsoft just not at the main Xbox campus.

NYjetsNY1

if any of you are into praying, maybe you can give a shout-out for me because I'm going to need any extra help I can get to land my dream job!!!!

After converting to Tebowism, the belief in Tebow as the Messiah, I'll be Tebowing for you to get the job. :rolleyes:

Fredrow

He was shipped out to DC a few times to work on the fable project. He tries finding all the glitches in the game and such before its released.

Ahhh I see, well then I don't think he works for Microsoft, it sounds like he works for the game's developers! From what you described he's more of a game tester than a test-technician. The job that I'm interviewing for as a test-technician, I will be working hands on with Microsoft's next generation gaming console and the Kinect and any other hardware items that Microsoft will be doing.

Fredrow

Just wanted to say thanks to you guy's for the support!!! I'm super excited about even getting this opportunity but at the same time I'm kinda nervous too!!! I just hope that during the interview my mind doesn't go blank on me!!! LOL.....

odingalt

Staff member
Good luck! Be sure to go to bed early even if you can't sleep. Think up some questions you know they are going to ask:

"What's your best quality"

"What's your worst quality"

Come up with good answers now for all those questions you KNOW they are going to ask you. :) For the questions that are hard / that you didn't prepare for TAKE YOUR TIME. It's ok to pause and think before you answer. And be honest - for the most part they are going to be able to tell if you are full of B.S.

This interview goes both ways - they want to make sure you are a good fit for them, but, it's also important that you feel that they are a good fit for you. So think up a few questions that you would like to ask your interviewers at the end of the interview. Usually they will give you an opportunity to ask questions and it's always good to have one or maybe two good questions ready to ask back at the interview panel.

Fredrow

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone again for the great support!!!

Well with that said, the interview this morning went pretty **** fly!!! LOL..... Last night and this morning I was super stressed about the interview but then once I got to the Xbox Headquarters that all fell to the side!! After checking in with the receptionist I had to wait in the lobby for them to come and get me, well as it turned out they had an Xbox360 system setup in the lobby so I was able to game out during my wait and that really helped me relax for some reason!!! LOL.... I was expecting the interview to be super professional with them grilling me with question after question but it turned out to be the most unusually interview I have ever had. First time I have ever had an interview while lounging on a couch...LOL... I feel super good about the interview and I really feel like I might actually land this job. I should hear back from them later this week and then they will inform me if I landed the job or to tell me that I'm not a fit for them or they might be calling me in to do some soldering projects for them so they can see my skill sets first hand. I would be happy with either option 1 or 2 because either one of those options means the jobs mine.

Also one thing I found to be very cool (and E' you will like this one!) they had one of their technicians sit in on the interview and it turns out he took a look at the Viking360 website which he was very impressed on how far you have taken the "underground" modded controller game too!!! I told them you were a mad scientist cooking up those codes used to program the PIC's!!!

Another thing that was very strange about the interview was that they where very vague about the actually job description. They really couldn't go into detail about what they do their, which kind of made it hard to ask questions to them about the job; after about my third question to them that they answered, "well we really can't go into detail or talk about that," I kinda just gave up asking questions and just said, "well how about you tell me what you're allowed to tell me!!!" LOL..... So I know that if I do land this job, they are going to have me sign a disclaimer agreement of sorts stating that I can't talk about anything I see or work on while employed with them.....

Congrats on a good interview. Hope things go your way and you get your dream job. Not many people in life get to say that, hope it becomes your reality.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That's great Fredrow, good job! I'd love to work in a tech company too. I'm going to school for math and business this fall, and if I do well in it I should be able to get co-op at Microsoft, Google or RIM pretty easily.

odingalt

Staff member
Good luck! Always nice to get your first interview butterflies out of the way. Hopefully you will land this job!

Fredrow

That's great Fredrow, good job! I'd love to work in a tech company too. I'm going to school for math and business this fall, and if I do well in it I should be able to get co-op at Microsoft, Google or RIM pretty easily.

Dude Google is an awesome place to work at. I got some friends that work for Google here in East-Seattle.....

Also you live pretty close to the T-dot-O (aka Toronto) because you could go work for the Wu-Tang Clan!!! LOL.... They just opened up a business department up their....

Fredrow

Good luck! Always nice to get your first interview butterflies out of the way. Hopefully you will land this job!

Word, thanks dude!!! Also this wasn't my first interview since finishing my electronics degree but it was my first job interview that I was super excited about and I think that drove me to really prepare for this interview.... But it does feel great to finally get it done and outta the way!!!

Fredrow

Booo Yeaaahhhh, I got it!!! The only crappy thing is that I dont start tell the 23rd of this Month, oh well at least I landed the job!!!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and support.... That's awesome!!!!