mimic mode buggy?

steve

I have been using the mimic mode with the rangers but noticed it is buggy. The weapons fire perfectly at the start of the map but when they reload, the left gun will fire one round without pressing anything? This will happen everytime I try to reload that round. I also noticed that when an enemy shoots at me, it will fire one round from the left gun. Any ideas what is going on? I am not touching the left trigger at all. This is with the sleeper controller. I have reloaded the file into the controller multiple times to make sure it installed correctly... but it still does the above. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
Steve

IrishStyle

Try programming again but this time check the Allow Configuration box....see if that makes a difference.

steve

ok I hit the allow config button when reinstalling and the same thing happens. I did some testing and here is what I found.

When I have the akimbo rangers and have my controller in mimic mode, if I stun myself, get shot, or fall from a fall distance, the left gun will fire one round. I figured it has something to do with the vibration from getting shot, stunned, or falling. I turned off the vibration setting in the options menu and when I try to stun myself or get shot it doesn't fire a round from the left gun. I turned the vibration back on and it still shots a round. So I switched modes on the controller to any other mode besides mimic (still using the same preset) still using akimbo rangers, and when I stun myself or get shot it doesn't fire a round from the left gun. This make absolutely zero sense! So it has to be in the preset code... if it was a wire issue it would have still fired the left gun after being stunned in a different mode still using akimbo rangers. If anyone else could try this same thing for me I would appreciate it so I can see what the heck is going on here.

Install the mimic preset... using akimbo rangers and stun yourself with your vibration setting on. Does your left gun fire a round if you stun yourself or get shot??

odingalt

Staff member
I'm stumped. The first thing to try is decreasing the sensitivity of the triggers - give the attached test code a whirl.

E

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for trying the test code and getting back to me. So, I will be slightly lowering the sensitivity for all the drivers. (actually I think the Gears of War and maybe the All-in-one Drivers already have the new sensitivity settings)

What basically happened is Microsoft is getting sloppy or cheap with the trigger components they are putting in their newer controllers. In other words, their manufacturing tolerances are going up (maybe to save on costs during the hard economy, they would say anyway?), so from one controller to the next, there is a pretty big difference in voltage readings that the Viking chip is getting when it 'reads' the triggers. It just means I have to lower the sensitivity on the software for the Viking chip and viola, problem fixed.