Minor Problem

Awfulz

Hola. My viking 360 Duo is amazing, and I've had it for about 2 months now. I recently noticed that the B button has trouble coming up after being pushed, and it takes more force to push down, but still works. I don't know what this could be from, I use a case, and take extra care with my controller by not eating or drinking with it, I also always wash my hands before using the controller. This is just a minor problem, so take your time answers my questions, but of course, the faster the better:

1) What can I do to begin to fix it? (without opening the controller, I noticed a few wires neatly placed while putting in the battery pack, and I can't imagine what the controller looks like inside, so I refuse to open it and break it)
2) I don't see the need to send it back, it's still useable just very frustrating, so what could be the problem?
3) Is there a way I could clean it without messing something up inside? I was thinking about dabbing some rubbing alchohol over the B button with a Q-Tip) - Is this okay?

I also noticed that with the PS3 analogs installed, sometimes my character random stops sprinting (Call of Duty), and I have to re-click the stick.. why is this? This is also pretty annoying since I have to keep clicking the stick to sprint. Another quick question is about Bootloader mode. My computer detects it and I'm able to program it perfectly, but I never see the 2 LEDs to indicate that it is in programming mode, could I be slowly breaking my controller by doing this? Lastly, I'd really love to know a way that I can safely clean my controller, I usually just take a toothpick through the cracks, and dab rubbing alchohol on any other strange problems, but could I do something wrong and accidently break my controller by doing this? Oh, and is it true that the mod works better on a 4-bar battery? Because I don't notice a difference, but since my friend told me that it does I always have my plug and play in, and would love to have it be wireless with knowing if it is slowing the mod down, or not making a difference.

I think that's all of my problems, other than that, I'm in love with my controller.. totally worth the money!

Thanks for your time, and I'm sorry about all the questions, I'm a pretty worisome person.

Awfulz

I'm not sure what is was, but I got a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol and circled the B button with it while pushed down and on the sides when pulled up and it works a lot better now, not perfect but a lot better. I'd still like to know the answers to the other questions, when someone has some free time :)

odingalt

Staff member
I saw this once with a Y button. It was a piece of velveeta cheese/cinnamon roll juice/cereal remnants/chocolate.... when something gets stuck in the 'side' of the hole that the button is supposed to move up and down in, it'll make it very hard to press the button/hard for the button to pop back up after being pressed.

Stop eating in front of the TV :)

40_ounce

odingalt said:
I saw this once with a Y button. It was a piece of velveeta cheese/cinnamon roll juice/cereal remnants/chocolate.... when something gets stuck in the 'side' of the hole that the button is supposed to move up and down in, it'll make it very hard to press the button/hard for the button to pop back up after being pressed.

:mrgreen: :oops:

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:

this is exactly what happened to my old intensafire controller on the guide button