Modify for Astro A40 with M80 Mixamp

coatedkhan

Not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this, but I decided to make a little weekend project that some of you guys might find useful. The issue I ran into with the Berserker was that my Astro headset would not fit due to the paddle mod. (Contact housing where the paddles screw into was in the way.) I pulled out the Dremel and went at it.

Sidenote: The Style 2 paddles are the ones that got in the way. I have Style 1 on the way will update if those work out better.

Pictures before, during, and after.

JIM WALKER

Well if it works I suppose, very messy end result and your warranty is now zero. Surely adapting the adapter would have been a better prospect ?

bonefisher

Think I would of reworked the astro! If the block was higher with longer tacs might of worked whenever viking decides to make it.

coatedkhan

Ahh I thought the warranty was only out if I opened the controller itself :(. Anyways, I'm assuming you mean make the Astros work with the Microsoft adapter, or the the one that's on their headset? Thing is not sure how difficult it would have been since the "amp" (voice/game volume, eq) is built into the part that plugs into the controller.

odingalt

Staff member
Franklyl I am impressed you were able to get this to work. That looked like a lot of work. If for some reason you need a replacement aluminum base piece in the future send me a PM. Hopefully the style 2 blade will work and everything electrically will work!

coatedkhan

Thanks, I'm surprised with myself. Wish I could have gotten it cleaner but the side of dremel bits vs size of the opening made it very difficult. The paddles flawlessly so far. As far as feel when pressing the paddles, seems completely normal so that's always good. I was considering painting the base piece just so the piece itself looks cleaner (although you only see a small portion of it with paddles attached.)