Msg to Odin?

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader
Have u ever thought of offering a premium membership to the forums? The perks to being premium could be having a colored username and maybe having avatars and having a picture of some sort in ur signature?Also maybe member only forums and member discounts on VikingDigital, Viking360 Exc.

Viva en Grey

Good idea on the face value. You have to remember, though, most members here have already made their contribution to Viking in purchasing a controller. A fair percentage of members come only to post asking for help, guidance, and repair assistance. To go and spend in the vicinity of $100-$200 on a controller, and then sign up to a forum to discover that there are features only available to you if you ​pay​ more money could really cause ill PR, in my mind.

One thing I could think of for revenue generation is a paid "Premium Macro" section of some sort, but the Macro's 'big thing' is that they are free, and you essentially have a controller for life in purchasing the Viking Macro.

Odin, I was mapping out a plan for an app market of sorts, that had other means of purchase besides cash (certain fun 'achievements' and such). If you're interested, I can send over the write up I have thus far!

Just my 2 cents.
Frank

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Personally I think the whole earning those things is way better because Im cheap and would never buy that stuff. Just like TTG I will never buy gold on there just how it is.

Fredrow

Have u ever thought of offering a premium membership to the forums? The perks to being premium could be having a colored username and maybe having avatars and having a picture of some sort in ur signature?Also maybe member only forums and member discounts on VikingDigital, Viking360 Exc.

Very bad idea.......

odingalt

Staff member
I'd like to find some way to recognize the users who are active in the community here. Those who make a positive influence here. Maybe we can just hook up people who are contributing with some of the stuff you're talking about? So we wouldn't necessarily charge people $ to be premium but we could try to make the people who spent a lot of time here feel more appreciated?

Fredrow

I'd like to find some way to recognize the users who are active in the community here. Those who make a positive influence here. Maybe we can just hook up people who are contributing with some of the stuff you're talking about? So we wouldn't necessarily charge people $ to be premium but we could try to make the people who spent a lot of time here feel more appreciated?

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before but you need to add a "Thanks Meter" function just like the XDA forums has..... Example Samplehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=973173&page=382http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=973173&page=382 .........

Viva en Grey

See, the problem with exclusive features is that this is ultimately a business, with the forum being a novelty. Not everyone who buys the controller will sign up to, or even visit, the forums. It'd be nice if they did, but they won't.

Aside from an app market-esque setup for the Macros, I feel like a thanks meter would be a good idea, but I'm not uber familiar with the community here so the worst case scenario is that you start seeing spam, pointless posts, people asking for thanks, etc. etc.

I'll try & think of something solid in my spare time later on.
Frank

Krier023

Useful Poster
I think a rep, or thanks system of some sort would help. Only problem is sometimes people get carried away on rep, and just post ridiculous comments to get rep, rather than posting helpful responses.

Fredrow

A paid premium forum would actually go against the backbone prin****l behind the creation/birth of Viking360...... I remember back when I first meet E', this was before Viking360 even had a forum or traffic going to the website; and he was giving me a breakdown of the Viking360 'Sleeper/DUO' chip aka the Viking360 'Legacy' chip. One of the leading factors to him behind creating this company was to give back to the customers! All other MOD shops at that time were charging people to update they're modded/rapid-fire controllers to stay current with new game titles being released. That is why E' masterminded the greatest rapid-fire chip to date, so that customers could finally have an option to buy a controller that would never, ever, ever be outdated because the controller can be updated by the user. E' has always made the point clear about all pre-sets/.hex files/Macro-sets/Viking360-software; would always be free to all/any Viking360 & VikingPS3 controller owners!!!

That or a Rep meter like TTG.

Not to sound like a d!ck but the Rep meter=the 2nd bad idea I have heard already in this thread alone!!!!
I don't need to explain why it's a bad idea because ol' K-dog already given the #1 reason why it's a bad idea......

I think a rep, or thanks system of some sort would help. Only problem is sometimes people get carried away on rep, and just post
ridiculous comments to get rep, rather than posting helpful responses.

To be honest I really don't care what happens to the forums because for some reason I'm still being disrespected......
Right behind Odingalt, I have been the 2nd longest active member here at Vikingforums.... The reason why I feel disrespected
is because under the 'Forums Leader List' I'm not even mentioned on their, even though I have put in more time and contributed more than others
who are on that list!!!!!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
A paid premium forum would actually go against the backbone prin****l behind the creation/birth of Viking360...... I remember back when I first meet E', this was before Viking360 even had a forum or traffic going to the website; and he was giving me a breakdown of the Viking360 'Sleeper/DUO' chip aka the Viking360 'Legacy' chip. One of the leading factors to him behind creating this company was to give back to the customers! All other MOD shops at that time were charging people to update they're modded/rapid-fire controllers to stay current with new game titles being released. That is why E' masterminded the greatest rapid-fire chip to date, so that customers could finally have an option to buy a controller that would never, ever, ever be outdated because the controller can be updated by the user. E' has always made the point clear about all pre-sets/.hex files/Macro-sets/Viking360-software; would always be free to all/any Viking360 & VikingPS3 controller owners!!!

Not to sound like a d!ck but the Rep meter=the 2nd bad idea I have heard already in this thread alone!!!!
I don't need to explain why it's a bad idea because ol' K-dog already given the #1 reason why it's a bad idea......

To be honest I really don't care what happens to the forums because for some reason I'm still being disrespected......
Right behind Odingalt, I have been the 2nd longest active member here at Vikingforums.... The reason why I feel disrespected
is because under the 'Forums Leader List' I'm not even mentioned on their, even though I have put in more time and contributed more than others
who are on that list!!!!!

Hey man your loved by me no homo of course much respect though your the only one that can edit macro controller and be trusted with. Plus your a moderator I would love to trade you titles haha. But wheres the Forums Leader List just out of curiosity?

Last edited:

Fredrow

Hey man your loved by me no homo of course much respect though your the only one that can edit macro controller and be trusted with. Plus your a moderator I would love to trade you titles haha. But wheres the Forums Leader List just out of curiosity?

Go to the main VikingForums page and scroll down to the bottom and their you will see a link that says 'Forums Leaders' or just click HERE......

Viva en Grey

Go to the main VikingForums page and scroll down to the bottom and their you will see a link that says 'Forums Leaders' or just click HERE......

Well Fredrow, a company is, at its core, a team of individuals. Said individuals are all going to (and presumably be encouraged to) strive for an independent sense of success and excellence...much like you are advocating for right now!

Though I can see where your frustration lies, you have to remember something-- you're in a position that many people on this forum would die for. You are not only one of very few moderators on this board, but you, Fredrow, have the ability to assemble macros on your whim. That's pretty spanking awesome! But if a mere list is really bogging you down (I know, I know, it's not the list it's the principle), I'm sure that something can be done, or that it could have just been a typo :)

Frank

Fredrow

Well Fredrow, a company is, at its core, a team of individuals. Said individuals are all going to (and presumably be encouraged to) strive for an independent sense of success and excellence...much like you are advocating for right now!

Though I can see where your frustration lies, you have to remember something-- you're in a position that many people on this forum would die for. You are not only one of very few moderators on this board, but you, Fredrow, have the ability to assemble macros on your whim. That's pretty spanking awesome! But if a mere list is really bogging you down (I know, I know, it's not the list it's the principle), I'm sure that something can be done, or that it could have just been a typo :)

Frank

Hey thanks for the message dude!!! I really do appreciate all the great things you have mentioned, and again thank you very much!!!

Also looks like the Viking360 staff went through and added me to the list!!