Must see!

Competition to Viking sure, but not worthy competition in my view; the software and support here is brilliant, and the macro-making community is even better. I'll be a long-term Viking customer as a result of these things; when people work hard and put effort into a product like Viking does, they deserve to be rewarded with our loyalty in my view :)

PCBlackops2

I have been a viking owner for about a year, first with the Ragnarok and now with the macro(just got it). I am really impressed with the professional and friendly support I have received from the Viking Staff. They know how to treat customers with respect and dignity. Also, the macro community is always there to help. Some one put a request out for rapid fire macros and another user gave them over 20 macros for them to use. Where else are you going to find this kind of support?, Thank you bonefisher, modding bothers, NY Jets and white 4nd 3erdy for your all your help! Viking will always have my loyalty>

bonefisher

Your welcome PCBlackops2! To me this is no competition at all! This is just newer technology at the end of xbox 360 life! Which I would still rather to have buttons or paddles underneath the controllers to free you from taking your thumbs off the sticks! So you do have solder and other things to the controller to make it right! For me anyway! I can't wait to see what Viking is coming out next with the technology they have and the next gen gaming systems! There going to blow the competition right out of the water! Viking RULES!

PS. Figured I put that last remark at the end because it is so true!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree with you more Bonefisher.

Heck, my next console purchase is going to be dependent on when Viking releases the new macro mate; if it's not during November (i.e. when the new consoles comes out), I'll stick with the Xbox 360 until the new macro comes.

odingalt

Staff member
Nothing new, this is just a Cronus reboot. GamingModz/RapidModz hust have sold the rights for the device to Team Xecuter. Originally known as "Game Pad Proxy" from a few years back. FYI, you have to purchase a wired XBOX controller to use this device on XBOX 360, and this device makes illegal use of Microsoft authentication codes to work. Here's the low down on Cronus that they won't tell you:

If you want to play wirelessly without the wired controller, you have to purchase both a wired controller and a wireless transceiver. If you want to use the device on PS3 you have to purchase a very specific model of bluetooth dongle. By the time you are done, you'll spend twice as much on Cronus gear as you would have just purchasing a Ragnarok for $79. Then after you've spent $150 and received your Cronus and all the extra required gear - you'll get to shell out an extra $15-$20 for each mod pack.

We had the opportunity to offer a "USB dongle mod" a few years back and decided against it for legal reasons. I doubt Microsoft and the cops are going to come after you if you buy one. But, don't be surprised if it's hard to get support after the U.S. distributors you purchased from gets raided by ICE (immigrations and customs enforcement). Team X are the same guys who sell illegal modchips for pirating games. If you don't want your name and credit card information associated with companies and distributors who sell illegal modchips, I would advise against purchasing this device.

Again, it's highly unlikely you will have any legal issues if purchasing this device, but for those of you who like to be cautious, consider yourself warned.

The device is just as detectable as the Datel controllers that exploit the same Microsoft authentication protocol; luckily Microsoft did not ban any boxes when they attacked the Datel controllers last summer, so the worst those customers ended up with was a bricked controller for a couple of weeks. The only way to be truly undetectable is old school wired mods somewhere "upstream" of the USB/wireless traffic stream.

Regardless, they will move a lot of units just because it has the Team X name behind it. :-xx (slaps forehead) The product did not sell well for GamingModz after the first wave of customers purchased and realized they had to drop another $100 on other gear to make the dongle work. Team X is using the same marketing (or lack thereof) hiding all the details on how much gear you have to purchase to get the device to work.

Also, it will not be compatible with XBOX One (unless they can illegaly hack the new XBOX One accessory authentication protocol again). Not sure about PS4 forward-compatibility.

With all that negativity said, I'm not against the device itself - it's cool - **** cool - however, I am not happy about the dishonest marketing that has surrounded this project since it's initial launch last year. I don't lie to customers just to make a sale. If I did, I'd be rich and retired and I would have shut down Viking years ago because I would already have everybody's money.

Clarkkent434

Nothing new, this is just a Cronus reboot. GamingModz/RapidModz hust have sold the rights for the device to Team Xecuter. Originally known as "Game Pad Proxy" from a few years back. FYI, you have to purchase a wired XBOX controller to use this device on XBOX 360, and this device makes illegal use of Microsoft authentication codes to work. Here's the low down on Cronus that they won't tell you:

If you want to play wirelessly without the wired controller, you have to purchase both a wired controller and a wireless transceiver. If you want to use the device on PS3 you have to purchase a very specific model of bluetooth dongle. By the time you are done, you'll spend twice as much on Cronus gear as you would have just purchasing a Ragnarok for $79. Then after you've spent $150 and received your Cronus and all the extra required gear - you'll get to shell out an extra $15-$20 for each mod pack.

We had the opportunity to offer a "USB dongle mod" a few years back and decided against it for legal reasons. I doubt Microsoft and the cops are going to come after you if you buy one. But, don't be surprised if it's hard to get support after the U.S. distributors you purchased from gets raided by ICE (immigrations and customs enforcement). Team X are the same guys who sell illegal modchips for pirating games. If you don't want your name and credit card information associated with companies and distributors who sell illegal modchips, I would advise against purchasing this device.

Again, it's highly unlikely you will have any legal issues if purchasing this device, but for those of you who like to be cautious, consider yourself warned.

The device is just as detectable as the Datel controllers that exploit the same Microsoft authentication protocol; luckily Microsoft did not ban any boxes when they attacked the Datel controllers last summer, so the worst those customers ended up with was a bricked controller for a couple of weeks. The only way to be truly undetectable is old school wired mods somewhere "upstream" of the USB/wireless traffic stream.

Regardless, they will move a lot of units just because it has the Team X name behind it. x (slaps forehead) The product did not sell well for GamingModz after the first wave of customers purchased and realized they had to drop another $100 on other gear to make the dongle work. Team X is using the same marketing (or lack thereof) hiding all the details on how much gear you have to purchase to get the device to work.

Also, it will not be compatible with XBOX One (unless they can illegaly hack the new XBOX One accessory authentication protocol again). Not sure about PS4 forward-compatibility.

With all that negativity said, I'm not against the device itself - it's cool - **** cool - however, I am not happy about the dishonest marketing that has surrounded this project since it's initial launch last year. I don't lie to customers just to make a sale. If I did, I'd be rich and retired and I would have shut down Viking years ago because I would already have everybody's money.

Exactly that why I just left a Cronus to go to Viking. I have a Cronus X and tried to used it for 6 months, but only half the mods work. I call, sent emails and never could get support. One other downside with the Cronus is that on Xbox controller you don't have gamechat. And that can be a big bummer. But I personally would like to have a company that is honest with me like Viking and that is why I switched.

Last edited:

modded matt

I cannot comment much on this product. I can say that it was not created by Alex, but licensed to him, as it has been done to team X. (AM is a TX licensed reseller) 99.9% of your info above is true. TX is selling the product fully unlocked. You will see a similar shift in the Godfather 53 mode mod chip also. as it turns out, just because gamingmods spend a lot of money on advertising, doesn't mean they can offer the support needed to run a successful business.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah I didn't mean to sound too "flamey", usually I try to be more objective, especially when rating my competitors' products (nothing would make me sound like a bigger jackass than stretching the truth), but I just wish the companies selling the Cronus in the USA would be more forthcoming with customers at least in regards to the extra gear needed.

odingalt

Staff member
Cronus / Controller Max doesn't have:

-The ability to work with wired headsets. (Bye bye wired headset, it's incompatible)
-An indicator on the face of controller to keep track of the mods you've loaded onto your controller
-A nice graphical user interface for entering your combos (you have to be a programming genius to use it)
-Awesome ergo paddle switches on the backside of the controller
-Extra mod switches on the top side of the controller too, for controlling mods without interfering with your stock buttons
-Guaranteed undetectability. Datel got owned, Controller Max suffers from the same risk as it's an unlicensed device
-The ability to run completely wireless (you either have to pair, or on PS4 I think it says you have to pair and stay paired all the time)

Cronus standard warranty: 90 days.
Viking standard warranty: 180 days.

Cronus licensed? No, runs unlicensed hardware.
Viking licensed? Yes, we only mod authentic, licensed Sony/Microsoft hardware.

Our product is more expensive for three main reasons: it's better; it maintains better compatibility (runs wireless 100% of the time, runs with wired Microsoft headsets); it maintains undetectability since we install our mods on the "analog" domain where Microsoft will never detect it. It's not easy to install mods on the analog side, it's very labor intensive, but we do it because we don't want to see you get banned from Live for modding or using unlicensed hardware. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/datel-controller-issue

Coming for Berserker:

-Android support.
-On-line "gamepack" sharing library so you can share your moves with your friends.
--- Double Post Merged, A moment ago ---
Thread of ControllerMAX staff buying a Viking Macro controller and reverse engineering our work:

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142684&page=2