mw2 turbo knife v 1.3 problem

doomsday1221

ok so i got my ragnarok controller today and so far its been awesome, so i downloaded the newest firmware update and got on mw2 to use the turbo knife, but whenever i knife it either switches weapons or uses my equipment. what should i do?

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Are you in the correct mode? For MW2 you need to be in mode 3 of the turbo knife feature. I think you may still be in one of the mw3 modes.

If not, it may just be a bug with the turbo knife on the ragnarok. It's a new feature but no1 has really commented on how these new things work in the games. Thanks for posting about this. Let us know if it is just what I said or if it' something else. I haven't tried it in MW2 or MW3 yet, been busy with finishing up this semester and I'm almost done with my finals this week.

doomsday1221

thanks for the response, i'm in mode 3 and have a semtex as my equipment but the riot shield won't actually hit when i melee and when im using a tac knife it throws my grenade and switches weapons. could it maybe be low batteries or something? i'll change batteries and see how it works

odingalt

Staff member
Are you in the correct "button layout" (are you using something other then the default button layout?)

odingalt

Staff member
yes im using the default setting, i cant figure it out i've downloaded it twice and it still wont work

Doomsday,

I'm testing this out on my controller at home and it's working fine. I'm in MW2, I'm in Turbo Melee Mode 3, I am in the default button layout, I am equipped with Semtex. I have tested with both sleight-of-hand on and sleight-of-hand off and it works either way.

The only thing I can think is for some reason the timing is too "tight", that I have to slow down the timing on the turbo knife so it is more widely compatible with all consoles, controllers, etc. Are you still checking these forums? I'd like to try to get with you so I can send you a v1.4 beta with different timing (slowing down the turbo knife basically) to see if it solves the issue on your controller.

doomsday1221

Odin,

Anything we can try to fix it I welcome, my gamertag on xbl is Stoned xWe5eLx, or email me at cmorton1231@yahoo.com. I was wondering if maybe it was the button combinations used to cancel out the delay between knifes, like maybe its not pushing them quick enough, or to its fast.Whenever I'm using a riot shield my melee doesn't even connect with the person Im trying to knife, I've tried it with different perks, and I always have a semtex but it won't actually hit. I'm not sure if it timing or not but any help would be appreciated, I will try to check the forums soon for you're reply,
Doomsday1221