Mw3

I just wanted to make aware that people who dont have a macro (Like me) still want MW3 speeds. And I know when Odingalt gets it he'll figure everything out. Im puting us Odins Raven and Thors Hammer owners out there. I went ahead with the hex editor last night trying to find speeds for the MK14 and the pistols along with hitter testing with striker and the 3 shot guns ( M16 and Type 95 ) None of the jitters worked and the best speed for MK14 is 23.80 or Rainbow 6 pre-tuned speed but they are still slow. Ok anyone know anything?

NYjetsNY1

The MK14 can't shoot fast. It has a very slow rapid-fire cap on it. Only the P99 pistol can shoot fast. And odingalt is working on MW3 speeds.

ok thats sup. I know the pistols can shoot real fast but I was hoping for a way around the MK14 cap. Ugh that sucks... What about the jitter process? It doesnt look like this games gonna be much fun without rapid-fire/jitter... ACR ftw i guess

NYjetsNY1

I use rapid-fire every single match. I constantly switch to my P99. P99 is the best gun in the game short range + 28 SPS. I don't even use akimbo. I may start using akimbo - then it will DESTROY everyone...

odingalt

Staff member
I just wanted to make aware that people who dont have a macro (Like me) still want MW3 speeds. And I know when Odingalt gets it he'll figure everything out. Im puting us Odins Raven and Thors Hammer owners out there. I went ahead with the hex editor last night trying to find speeds for the MK14 and the pistols along with hitter testing with striker and the 3 shot guns ( M16 and Type 95 ) None of the jitters worked and the best speed for MK14 is 23.80 or Rainbow 6 pre-tuned speed but they are still slow. Ok anyone know anything?

I'll tell you the same thing I've told macro and non-macro owners alike for years: you are trying speeds that are W A Y T O O H I G H.

You should be testing speeds down around the 7-10 SPS range. There AREN'T ANY GAMES ON THE PLANET that can take speeds higher than 20 SPS. There are some games that you *think* can take 20+SPS, but they are actually shooting at HALF that speed. For example, you shoot at 25 SPS, but the game only "sees" every other trigger pull, you're really shooting like 12.5 SPS, or half what you set.

It's ok to go too high on a few games out there that don't have anti-rapidfire speed caps. But for ANY COD game, I can tell you that you are wasting your time by setting speeds up in the 20's. I don't care what other customers here say, they are wrong, 20+ SPS is going to get you speed capped or get you laggy/skippy firing. You should be down under 10 for most COD games with the execption of MW2 with doubletap perk, or COD:WAW with the special WAW rapidfire mode enabled.

Do yourself a favor, next time start out at a low number like 6 sps and move it up by 1/2 sps increments until it starts to stutter, then dial it in at 1/10th sps increments. This is the same exact thing I do when I dial in a rapidfire speed. Heck, there's no magic in the Viking controllers (well except maybe the macro with the humanized rapidfire) for rapidfire. It's just pulling the trigger fast for you. Just gotta try speeds waaaaaayyy lower. Everybody makes this same mistake and dials in some ridiculously high number like 20 or 30 sps. There haven't been any games that take those speeds since maybe the original MW1 pre-patched.

odingalt

Staff member
If you are using the rapidfire customization software, I'm coming up with 10.60 shots-per-second for the MK14 if your connection is good.

The P99 is significantly faster, I'll post that speed later tonight.

I'll also be adding these speeds to the "pre tuned" list and releasing an update rapidfire customization software, though any more due to connection/lag affecting rapidfire performance, I am now suggesting that people also try out the custom speeds. Pre-tuned speeds are really set up if you have a stellar connection. Start with around 10.00 sps, if it's not laggy/skippy, you can try increasing it - if it is laggy/skippy, try decreasing it.

(As always make sure your NAT type is OPEN and you use a WIRED internet connection to your console when possible. Many consumer wifi setups are known to have dropped packet issues, ESPECIALLY if you live in an apartment complex, duplex housing, in the city where lot sizes are small, etc. I had all sorts of problems with my WiFi to my XBOX360 when I lived in the city, and literally saw an improvement in gameplay when I went wired ethernet instead of using the wireless)

ok thanx to everyone who is chiming in on the discussion. I did go lower than 20 sps. i tried 13 and then up but like you said Odingalt go 10 little up or little high. Ill try these early tomarrow and figure it out.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm coming up with 19.6 SPS on the customization software for P99. You can go faster but it gets stuttery. If you were going to do like a 3-round burst you could probably go a little higher.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
How does the Ragnarok compare to the 360 custom editor speeds Odingalt? I haven't even tried RF yet on MW3, I don't have the MK14 yet...

Ok I just did some speed tests for the MK14 with the new pre-tuned speed and it was smooth but slow for me. I know you cant really go this fast but ive ben doin this for cod4 all the way to MW3 on the hex editor. If you use rapid fire proficiency on your MK14 and go 27.60 it goes quite a bit faster than the pretuned speed with rapidfire proficiency on or off. Now I know it may not be as smooth but hey its faster. The FAL on MW2 I used a custom speed of 27.20 and it was sometimes tad laggy but was faster than the pretuned speed. Try this and let me kow what you think. O yea dont forget that private match has everything unlocked already to try it.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I just did some speed tests for the MK14 with the new pre-tuned speed and it was smooth but slow for me. I know you cant really go this fast but ive ben doin this for cod4 all the way to MW3 on the hex editor. If you use rapid fire proficiency on your MK14 and go 27.60 it goes quite a bit faster than the pretuned speed with rapidfire proficiency on or off. Now I know it may not be as smooth but hey its faster. The FAL on MW2 I used a custom speed of 27.20 and it was sometimes tad laggy but was faster than the pretuned speed. Try this and let me kow what you think. O yea dont forget that private match has everything unlocked already to try it.

This is pretty common for legacy owners. The speed is faster but "stuttery". I usually advertise the slower speed - it's uh.. more "accepted" by the wider range of customers we have. The stuttery firing really bothers some people, so I usually just push for people to use the slower/smoother speeds. But if you are o.k. with less smoothness (But much faster bursts!) then there's no problem with going higher with the speeds like you described.

Just wanted to put in my two cents for any legacy customers still out there reading our forums :)

odingalt

Staff member
How does the Ragnarok compare to the 360 custom editor speeds Odingalt? I haven't even tried RF yet on MW3, I don't have the MK14 yet...

Ashamed to say I haven't tested on PS3, that's coming up this weekend. Last weekend was all about our XBOX360 Legacy customers. There were some grumblings that we were abusing them so I wanted to be sure to get those driver updates out for them :). PS3 Ragnarok will get a little TLC this weekend. After that will be a possible firmware update for Macro controllers. And after that will be completing my work on the new XBOX360 rapidfire modchip that is compatible with Matrix2 circuit boards! And after that will be getting those darn rainbow LED PS3 thumbsticks ready.

nibber

I am using the old all in one popular preset file and it works great with the P99 on my Thor's Hammer for MW3 :)

mw3xstud

My Other Modded Controller Is At 35 SPS and It works Great No Skipping Or Lagging Just Saying! Thats For MW2 Though!