My Control is possessed and wants me to stab people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainraincoat

I have raised a ticket on this issue but i want to see if anyone else is having the same issue as me

I have a few really bugs with my controller and it has taken me a few months to really make sure if it was an issue with me using the controller or the controller itself so I am hoping you help resolve this issue as it has caused me to revert back to my original controller.
I bought the controller to use a number of the black ops macros in your library and since day one of using the controller the right stick has randomly knifed when in close range to an enemy (I am using standard setup) …sometimes this occurs twice or even three times in succession and can leave me pretty much at the mercy of the enemy.
I thought this was me being too heavy on the right stick with my thumb when aiming so I allowed some time to wear in the right stick but it’s been about 3 months of solid play and it is getting worse

This issue occurs regardless of me having any macros assigned to the right stick or the controller and I have tried the following things to try and rectify it
- Used Fresh Batteries/plug and charge kit
- Have loaded up the control with no macros/with minimal macros/with lots of macros
- Have updated the firmware countless times
- Set the auto aim assist on black ops to off (it does help but it still does it from time to time)
- Have re-assigned the macros to different buttons and they work fine (but it still knifes)
- Have set the control setup to tactical but rather than knife it ducks
- Have tried the control on 3 other Xbox units (primary one is a new slim and the other two are old fats)

In addition to this the control will randomly lock up and refuse to allow me to toggle on macros and move between pages and now I am unable to assign a toggle on/off to face right tac switch as it will stay permanently on as soon as the control is powered on.

I have attached the macro set I am using now and from my end as soon as I power on the control led 2 will stay permanently on and I can’t use the right tac switch to toggle on/off
Which is what its meant to do but the weird thing is that it may fix itself after 10 or so minutes of play and allow me to move between pages. Turn on/off macros

I know this sounds weird but it’s like my controller is possessed and I have tried to work around it but nothing seems to work.

Once quick question that is bugging me…can the mod chip be playing up from commands sent from the Xbox?
reason i say this is i thought the autoaim in black ops may be causing the control to play up and turing it off seems to help a bit (does not do it as much)

Your assistance is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• DALEMACROSETSTD.vks
    19.5 KB · Views: 3

NYjetsNY1

I have raised a ticket on this issue but i want to see if anyone else is having the same issue as me

I have a few really bugs with my controller and it has taken me a few months to really make sure if it was an issue with me using the controller or the controller itself so I am hoping you help resolve this issue as it has caused me to revert back to my original controller.
I bought the controller to use a number of the black ops macros in your library and since day one of using the controller the right stick has randomly knifed when in close range to an enemy (I am using standard setup) …sometimes this occurs twice or even three times in succession and can leave me pretty much at the mercy of the enemy.
I thought this was me being too heavy on the right stick with my thumb when aiming so I allowed some time to wear in the right stick but it’s been about 3 months of solid play and it is getting worse

This is when you say, "Ok, it is time for me to switch to tactical (Permanently, not just trying it out)." This happened to me constantly. Tactical setting makes it so that when you hit the RS, it isn't a problem! I recommend trying that first.

This issue occurs regardless of me having any macros assigned to the right stick or the controller and I have tried the following things to try and rectify it
- Used Fresh Batteries/plug and charge kit
- Have loaded up the control with no macros/with minimal macros/with lots of macros
- Have updated the firmware countless times
- Set the auto aim assist on black ops to off (it does help but it still does it from time to time)
- Have re-assigned the macros to different buttons and they work fine (but it still knifes)
- Have set the control setup to tactical but rather than knife it ducks

Right, but are you sure you aren't hitting the RS accidentally?

- Have tried the control on 3 other Xbox units (primary one is a new slim and the other two are old fats)

In addition to this the control will randomly lock up and refuse to allow me to toggle on macros and move between pages and now I am unable to assign a toggle on/off to face right tac switch as it will stay permanently on as soon as the control is powered on.

This shouldn't happen if your batteries are 100% full.

I have attached the macro set I am using now and from my end as soon as I power on the control led 2 will stay permanently on and I can’t use the right tac switch to toggle on/off
Which is what its meant to do but the weird thing is that it may fix itself after 10 or so minutes of play and allow me to move between pages. Turn on/off macros

Again, if the batteries are full, this should not happen.

I know this sounds weird but it’s like my controller is possessed and I have tried to work around it but nothing seems to work.

Once quick question that is bugging me…can the mod chip be playing up from commands sent from the Xbox?
reason i say this is i thought the autoaim in black ops may be causing the control to play up and turing it off seems to help a bit (does not do it as much)

I don't think that has anything to do with it. It seems the modchip has internal failure.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated

As long as you've tried to fix these major issues (not just the right-stick hitting but all the major issues) with a fresh pair of AA batteries, then I would say you definitely have a problem worth sending back the controller. If you are within the 90 day warranty, you most likely will not have to pay shipping. You may have to pay shipping if you are over the 90-day warranty. If you have tampered in any way, your controller will not be repaired.

At any rate, please make a support ticket here and copy and paste your issue. http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

They will help you from there.

Captainraincoat

I have tested this over the last 2 months and i am definatly not clicking the right stick down..

In some cases it does it without me having my thumb on the rs...
All of this is done with fresh batteries.

I have raised a ticket so well take it from there

NYjetsNY1

Captainraincoat said:
I have tested this over the last 2 months and i am definatly not clicking the right stick down..

In some cases it does it without me having my thumb on the rs...
All of this is done with fresh batteries.

I have raised a ticket so well take it from there

Then you definitely have an issue it seems. Let the support ticket team handle you from here.

Darren

I seemed to get the stabbing with the right stick, more so using the full auto mode with the fal or m14. It seems odd to me as well. Dont know if the newer xbox controllers are more touchy or not, but i do notice a difference between the viking one and my older unit that came with my elite. i seem to notice it with those 2 guns more than anything. What do you think NYjet?

NYjetsNY1

Darren said:
I seemed to get the stabbing with the right stick, more so using the full auto mode with the fal or m14. It seems odd to me as well. Dont know if the newer xbox controllers are more touchy or not, but i do notice a difference between the viking one and my older unit that came with my elite. i seem to notice it with those 2 guns more than anything. What do you think NYjet?

You will have to be a lot more specific and open up your own thread. We have a new rule that each issue must have its own thread. I am closing this one. Please make a new thread in the tech support forums and describe the problem as much as you possibly can. Then, I will ask you what I need to know more. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.