My controller is out of Warranty! One question.

a Spec Of fluff

Hi my controller is well out of warranty now, and just wondered what i need to watch out for when opening one of the Viking 360 Macro Controller. And what drill bit i need for that Tactile switches. Thanks

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Hi my controller is well out of warranty now, and just wondered what i need to watch out for when opening one of the Viking 360 Macro Controller. And what drill bit i need for that Tactile switches. Thanks

dont open it... open a support ticket and if you havent already tampered with it odin might fix it if you pay shipping, that is just what i have observed thus far from people who are out of warranty and need reapair. hope i helped ;)

a Spec Of fluff

skjdgfjusdgfjsgdfkgs

Lol i have just opened it for a clean nothing wrong with it, well apart from the analog sticks but this happens. I was expecting a maze inside for some reason but thiers only like 12 extra wires. Good job Odingalt.

Erm don't need to no the above apart from Drill sizes? Thanks anyway Sgt

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Lol i have just opened it for a clean nothing wrong with it, well apart from the analog sticks but this happens. I was expecting a maze inside for some reason but thiers only like 12 extra wires. Good job Odingalt.

Erm don't need to no the above apart from Drill sizes? Thanks anyway Sgt
well now you can never send it back in for repairs :(
but if something ever does go wrong there has to be someone who can fix it like fredrow or ben

DrasticChiorDie1

Banned Users Group
well now you can never send it back in for repairs :(
but if something ever does go wrong there has to be someone who can fix it like fredrow or ben
well that's not entirely true, i'm pretty sure you can send it back for Money of course and get it fixed. lol i doubt OD would Turn down money$$ to do a repair?.

NYjetsNY1

well that's not entirely true, i'm pretty sure you can send it back for Money of course and get it fixed. lol i doubt OD would Turn down money$$ to do a repair?.

Once its opened, we typically refuse to fix it even for money.

Why you may ask?

People can destroy it beyond repair. That's why. The amount of time to fix it + figure out what's broken / wrong etc etc is more than even installing the controller sometimes!

That is for the macro controller. We may have a different policy with the next viking360 controller...

odingalt

Staff member
I am ashamed to say I don't remember the exact drill bit size, we've been using the same drill bit at the shop for literally years! I think 15/64"? I think the head of our tac switches are 6mm in diameter which is the same as .23622 inches. Since 15/64" is .2343", then my guess is that my guess of 15/64" is correct lol.