My new toys

IrishStyle

So I got these a couple weeks ago and I am just now getting to them and thought I would share. Both of these are full dev kits with pix and dvd emu ports on the sidecars.
I am still anxiously waiting for my 213w PSU to get here so I can really start playing with them. The white console is a xenon and the elite is a falcon.

photo2.jpg

Unfortunatly the guy I got them from though they were "Glorified Hard Drives" his words not mine lol and decided to try and remove the sidecar from the elite. I had to repair some of the harness he screwed up but I think I got it but wont know until the PSU gets here.

WetterThanWater

Dev kits are meant to be used to develop a game for the xbox, he can also run a ton of homebrew on them.. I heard they're like $10,000 though...

IrishStyle

That's sweet krier, I would love an opus. Out of the thousands of consoles I have worked on I have never seen an opus. Still waiting to see what easter eggs are on these, they came from last years E3 but I forget which booth. Hopefully I can get another few from this years E3 and get my hands on something unreleased. But I am dying to log into PNET for the last couple weeks lol

Xx Binno xX

I'm going to try to make a game for xbox using xna game studio but I have to figure out how to hook a xbox up to the computer first haha

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Isn't that what the dev units are for? I didn't think you could make a game without one. Could be fun to have one, I think there's a mod with the CFW stuff to turn a regular PS3 into a dev kit... Never tried it though, I don't know enough about it to do it properly.

IrishStyle

You need the dev along with XNA to develop most stuff. That is why you need a sidecar binno, it has type b usb connections on the back. PS3 Jailbroken is really not dev, its more like a jtag. You can manipulate code and run it unsigned but thats about it. Most users refer to running a game off a hdd as dev capabilities.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

IrishStyle said:
You need the dev along with XNA to develop most stuff. That is why you need a sidecar binno, it has type b usb connections on the back. PS3 Jailbroken is really not dev, its more like a jtag. You can manipulate code and run it unsigned but thats about it. Most users refer to running a game off a hdd as dev capabilities.
also one of the main differences is that a dev kit can run signed and unsigned code....

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I'm pretty sure one of the CFW's gives "full dev kit" capabilities... I couldn't tell you how close to true that claim is. I know people were getting on the dev servers for PSN, that's part of the reason it's been down so long, patching that while they have it down anyways.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
I'm pretty sure one of the CFW's gives "full dev kit" capabilities... I couldn't tell you how close to true that claim is. I know people were getting on the dev servers for PSN, that's part of the reason it's been down so long, patching that while they have it down anyways.
yeah i heard that too