Need an answer..

ILBIEAST

Is it possible to set up a tac switch to a normal controller that would click the left stick button? Want to set one up on my XMOD.. tired of clicking the left stick button, gotten so used to my viking sprint button :)

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yes. It is probably one of the easier ones to do. there should be a visible tact on the thumbstick. Under that tact should be two solder points coming out of the bottom. wire your tact tothose two pins and your good to go.

Krier023

Useful Poster
I remember fredrow said on his personal duo he taked the tact under the thumb sticks completely out and puts them under the controller.

Fredrow

oh ok i saw there are 4 points only 2 need to be done?

XYR8o.jpg

See the two sets of solder points inside of the yellow circle? (I know the circle is a little messy but this pic was used for another person's troubles!!)

Well those two sets of solder points are for the right thumbstick push-button. You can also see the set for the left thumbstick in the pic too.
One set is used for ground and the other set is your V+ connections. The set that is connected with a trace (the left-side set) is your V+ connection.

Fredrow

I'm down to help you out with this but I'm not just going to tell you how to do it.

First thing you need to do is understand how a circuit works?

ILBIEAST

Yes i just need to know if i need to solder all of the 4 points that make the left stick click or just two.

Fredrow

Yes i just need to know if i need to solder all of the 4 points that make the left stick click or just two.

No you do not need all four. Not trying to bash on ya but I think in the D.I.Y section its a better to try and guide someone to the answer and make them think for a little bit to figure it out.

Do you own a DMM? A multimeter of some sort? You should go Google really quick simple DC circuits and then press the images tab at the top of the Google page and peep at some of those circuits just for a min or so and get an idea about what to look for and then use what you see to figure out the answer to your question.