Need Help!! Messed up my DIY Kit

RectangIe

Hey, I purchased the DIY Kit maybe 4 days ago, recieved it today and was very pleased. The only problem is i have spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out what is wrong with it. The Right Trigger will not work when I have the wire sodered to the middle soder point, but when i take it off, the gun fires in semi auto like before the mod. Also i believe some how the Y and B buttons are jumping traces because when i press Y, I switch weapons and Knife, and when i press B, I knife then switch weapons.

**** I have done controller modifications before, all of which turned out great****

I was wondering if i could send in my controller along with everything that was in the kit, which is on the controller, and have you Fix my mistakes? Maybe? I am also RectangIe of TBP/bKz, i talked with you through email as i entered my order, but if you could email me at shockwavepaintball@yahoo.com to dicuss possible solutions that would be great.

My Paypal transaction ID is: 9BF669873G074082C

Thanks!~RectangIe

odingalt

Staff member
Have you tried replacing the whole wire from the mod chip to the right trigger? Also have you programmed a code into the mod chip? They ship blank nowadays, they'll need to have at least the test code loaded into it or it may actually prevent some of the buttons from working.

Yeah 'Y' and 'B' traces are very close on the circuit board so could have two traces soldered together, or maybe somewhere else on the board the wires are crossing and pinching together.

Stick to it, you can do eeeet!

RectangIe

I have replaced the wire twice with no luck and I have programmed the 4+sniper mode also with no such luck.

ELMOBLATCH

rectangle, are you modding a stock controller...or are you attempting to re-mod one? Let me know how it goes, Im considering turning my evil into a viking dou since it already has the 2 buttons already. I might not, think they used a ton of hot glue...need to open it and check.

RectangIe

haha Elmo, you definitly should. If youre not a good/great solderer i would not try this, i did and it took me almost 6 hours lol. I will be getting online in a bit and will talk to you then, I am modding one of my previously modded controllers though. I just desodered everything from my old kit.

I'll talk more about it online Water I Bottle.

RectangIe

RectangIe

Now its not connecting to the computer, whenever i try to press A it doesnt work, i press start to enter the COD WAW menu and it automatically backs me out the the main screen.

I messed it up and cant fix it, someone please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!