Need help with the PM system...

NYjetsNY1

We are working out the kinks now! Give us a bit and delete all messages from all folders, it seems people have too many, I myself had 10,000 + messages in a lot of my folders

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah the trick is that with the old forums you could have 200 posts in your inbox and I believe unlimited posts in your sentbox. The new system has stricter limitations. You need to clean out your sentbox and clean up your inbox heavily in order to get the PM's working again.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Yeah the trick is that with the old forums you could have 200 posts in your inbox and I believe unlimited posts in your sentbox. The new system has stricter limitations. You need to clean out your sentbox and clean up your inbox heavily in order to get the PM's working again.
i compleatly emptied both but it still just dissapears...this is strange lol

odingalt

Staff member
Some of these things are not bugs but rather user preferences. There's going to be a learning curve both for users and administrators.

Open up your user control panel. Look for My Settings -> General Settings. Check Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

(The default option is Don't save a copy of sent messages)

obo

Do I need to do something special to activate my moderator status again? Sorry, if that sounded off topic, but this was the closest to on topic I could find lol

NYjetsNY1

Nope you are still a moderator! Back to green and it says you are. I'll edit your permissions if you are missing those, let me check on that for you.

odingalt

Staff member
obo we just promoted you up from moderator to super moderator. In PHPBB3 basically you guys were all what VB calls a super mod.

Tentatively the colors are

Purple with helmet - Staff
Red - super mods
Green - mods