need some advice or help

Captainraincoat

Wondering if someone can answer me some questions or maybe able to assist with a simple request My friend has a disability and loves playing cod His right hand is missing a number of digits and that prevents him being able to exert the right force on the right thumb stick to use a knife
Switching the control method around to tactical also does not help as he does not have enough fingers to hit the B button and aim I have tried setting up tac switches for knifes but he ends up having to aim with his nose while he moves his fingers down to the buttons.....funny and sad at the same time I have been trying to give him an ideal setup to use more of his left hand but cannot seem to replicate
it as i have no idea on how to re-assign the control layout So if anyone can tell me how to do it that would be great

LB – needs to be Knife...his left hand is his good one as 3 of his digits are good on this hand
RS – (Click) needs to be disabled completely as he has a habit of mashing it due to his condition and ts creating issues
LT – No Change
RT – No Change
RB – No Change
X – No Change
Y - No Change
B – No Change
A – No Change
LS – No Change
Tac Switch – Left side underneath control to be what LB used to be ...Flashbangs/concussion ect If anyone can assist that would be great

NYjetsNY1

Alright here is the vks you asked for.
Switch to tactical setup in-game.

Page one has the turbo-knife on a tactical switch.
Page two has the knife on a tactical switch.

Feel free to add more such as rapid-fire. After you press RS once it will become disabled - at least it should unless you change pages or turn off the controller. I'm working on more disabling macros. I may be able to get a disabling macro on LB and then add knife. I'll experiment tomorrow.

Captainraincoat

Thank u so much....the rs being disabled is a big help and he can adjust to a lefthand tac switch.will report back once he tries it out........thank you once again

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Captainraincoat said:
Thank u so much....the rs being disabled is a big help and he can adjust to a lefthand tac switch.will report back once he tries it out........thank you once again
man....tell him that i think its freekin impressive that he can play like that.....also is he kinda like N0M4D?

NYjetsNY1

Very impressive indeed.

At any rate, like I said the RS should disable once you use it once in a match or at any time I believe. Let me know if that works well. I recommend for black ops using a semtex and using page one as it includes turbo-knife which is amazing. I also recommend using page 2 with other call of duties. Don't forget to check the macros in the macro library for rapid-fires and such.

Captainraincoat

Gday mate

Had a chance to try it out with him today and for some reason it works for about 20 seconds then it completely shuts down the controls macro functions....(control still works but there are no lights)
i have tried to plugging it into the xbox to ensure a constant power source but that does seem to help it

I am still using the old software to upload it...would that have anything to do with it?

NYjetsNY1

Yes use the newest software and then if it still doesn't fix it remove the macro on the RS that is probably the issue.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Captainraincoat said:
Gday mate

Had a chance to try it out with him today and for some reason it works for about 20 seconds then it completely shuts down the controls macro functions....(control still works but there are no lights)
i have tried to plugging it into the xbox to ensure a constant power source but that does seem to help it

I am still using the old software to upload it...would that have anything to do with it?
make sure your using the latest firmware too.