.Net Framework Error

NYjetsNY1

YourFutureHero said:
I get this message when I try to launch the Macro Software. Any suggestions?

It should automatically install the .NET framework after that message, if not then just google .NET framework and you should be able to find and install it.

odingalt

Staff member
You also might try re-installing but right-click on the install file and select "install as administrator".

mstaple

I just got my controller today and I'm getting the same error. I'm on Windows 7. I've tried the suggestions in this thread and I tried Windows XP compatibility mode. It still gives me the same error in the screenshot in the OP.

Have people got this to work in Windows 7? I must be overlooking something.

NYjetsNY1

mstaple said:
I just got my controller today and I'm getting the same error. I'm on Windows 7. I've tried the suggestions in this thread and I tried Windows XP compatibility mode. It still gives me the same error in the screenshot in the OP.

Have people got this to work in Windows 7? I must be overlooking something.

You've tried to run as admin and also have downloaded the .NET framework from the link NEpats provided?

mstaple

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll just install XP and dual-boot. I have other nagging issues with Windows 7 outside of this issue with the Viking software.

odingalt

Staff member
I have it working both in windows 7 32-bit home edition as well as windows 7 64-bit ultimate edition with no problems. The problem has nothing to do with your o/s version, but possibly something else lurking on your windows 7 install. Is this a legitimate copy of windows 7 or a bootleg? Bootleg will give you all sorts of problems.

mstaple

Well if you have this problem the easiest thing to do is re-install the OS. I found a lot of other ppl having the same problem and the solutions were so long and drawn out that I found I'd farther ahead with a definite solution such as a format and a re-install.

I can assure you it has nothing to do with the legitimacy or your copy of Windows 7. Due to a combination or complicated variables, ie. .NET framework 3.51 being built into the operating system, Windows 7 fails to do some house-keeping that has causes this unfriendly .NET framework upgrade environment for a lot of users.

A re-install completely sorted the issue.

So basically, God help you if you've gotten your Windows install just how you like it. :)

But hey in the end I got the Viking software working and it is working great.