New BlitzBox GamePro 1080 - FUTURE OF CAPTURE CARDS

dopeismarcus

http://blitzcast.com/gamepro1080/

Brand new Blitzbox coming in March 2012! If you preorder before March 2012 you can get it a lot cheaper than a HDPVR! And they are throwing in a gamemixer so you can add your voice to your streaming/recording! Component and HDM****INGI in 1080p, all via USB2 (the Blackmagic intensity shuttle for example, needs USB3)

sidebar_gp1080-GMxr.jpg

The BlitzBox GamePro 1080 is a high definition (HD) videogame USB capture card. GamePro 1080 records and direct-streams live XBox 360, PS3, Wii(HD), or PC video via †HDMI or component RCA from your PC or Laptop (USB 2.0)! It records at video resolutions up to 1080p (16:9) in real time using a high performance built-in hardware H.264 encoder – for less strain on your PC.

*Includes the BlitzCast Game Mixer™. You can now add your voice (from any headset) to your live streams and recordings. Separately control the game and voice audio volumes.

The Game Mixer™ is the perfect tool for adding live commentary to your live streams and recordings!

The BlitzBox GamePro 1080. It’s a game changer!

† - HDMI Supports is dependent system and game hdcp

Features:
* HDMI and Component Audio / Video loop through for HD recording and viewing at the same time.
* Cutting-edge built-in hardware H.264 high definition encoder for higher quality video and less pc strain.
* 1080p HD support for the highest quality recording & streaming possible.
* Game & voice audio mixer for live commentary recording and streaming.
* Direct-streaming of live video from the hardware.
* NTSC,PAL and SECAM
* Plugs into your PC or Laptop (USB 2.0)

System Requirements:
* CD-ROM drive (for device software installation)
* Operating System Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP service pack 2 (32- bit).
* Dual core CPU 1.8GHz Processor (or faster)
* Graphics Card with 256MB memory (or greater)
* USB 2.0

Includes:
* Game Mixer™
* Installation CD
* Video Recording, Editing, and Live Streaming Software.
* Quick Installation Guide
* Component Video & Stereo Audio Cable
* USB Cable
* Power Adapter

$269 Bundle (MSRP)
-$100 Instant “shaRebate”
-$20 Post/eMail-in “shaRebate”
$149 After Pre-order rebates
*Limited Time Offer
Ships March 2012

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I have the Hauppage HD PVR and this thing looks amazing. I wish I was able to purchase it. Although I dont record as much as I thought I would.

odingalt

Staff member
Question, it has HDMI, but can it get around PS3's protected content thing? (i.e. I have an HDMI Black Magic but I have to use component to capture my PS3). Regardless, thanks for sharing, nice to see something new on the market finally for video capture. It's been awhile since something "modern" has been released in the world of affordable HD video capture.

dopeismarcus

Not sure about the PS3 ima 360 owner. Just wanted to let you guys know about this awesome deal. Hopefully my tax money comes this week so I can preorder this thing lol.

odingalt

Staff member
I might buy one anyways because my Black Magic card regularly causes my computer to crash and was even the source of two hard drive failures (somehow I think there gets to be an IRQ conflict between the card and the hard drives and I blame Black Magic's buggy firmware/drivers)

Salamito140

Only problem I see here is it isn't Mac compatible which really kills me. I have a mac and ofcourse i do have bootcamp on it with windows 7 but windows is just terrible!!! I stream using my hd pvr on my mac and its smooth sailing. Never freezes and its just awesome!!! I am a computer person so ofcourse I used pcs my whole life and i know more about pcs then mac. Most of my experience is in pcs but i can tell you macs are just awesome way better more solid operating system and definitely way more stable.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Only problem I see here is it isn't Mac compatible which really kills me. I have a mac and ofcourse i do have bootcamp on it with windows 7 but windows is just terrible!!! I stream using my hd pvr on my mac and its smooth sailing. Never freezes and its just awesome!!! I am a computer person so ofcourse I used pcs my whole life and i know more about pcs then mac. Most of my experience is in pcs but i can tell you macs are just awesome way better more solid operating system and definitely way more stable.

How do you live stream with your HD PVR mac setup?

Salamito140

How do you live stream with your HD PVR mac setup?

I use a program called EyeTv which detects the HD PVR I then use CamTwist to capture the EyeTv. Then I used Adobe Flash Media Encoder to stream. In the background you need a program called sound flower running basically takes audio and puts it into a channel. And then If you want people to hear you talk while you play you use Audio Hi Jack Pro which takes audio from multiple sources and then you output it to the Sound flower channel. Let me know if that made sense or not. I am really good when it comes to streaming.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I have a windows tower and a little macbook air. I personally love both OS I think one of each really works out.

I recently purchased a Hauppage HD PVR to capture some game video. I am computer illiterate, but my wife is a genius. She also purchased an external hard drive for our PC tower computer (Dell???). I also have an APPLE MacBook Pro (17 inch) with iMovie on it. I record the video on the external hard drive and transfer it to the APPLE. She installed a program called Bigasoft iMovie Converter. Personally I find it much easier to edit with the iMovie (currently running 09 and saving up for 11). I have posted some game video on You Tube under ChiCubsFan14. My macro controller is featured while using the MK14. Check it out and let me know what you think about the video quality. Any comments, suggestions or hates would be appreciated.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I finally figured it out I use EyeTV on my macbook air and then edit with IMovie. It works pretty well since EyeTV will make a timeline of when you started recording then you can go back and record something to your hard drive and the timeline wont save to your hard drive I love it. I will also check out your quality.