new controller shell question

jerrod710

If I buy a controller shell from the viking site, will it come with all the holes pre drilled for the tac buttons and led light on top side?

odingalt

Staff member
Nope it's just a standard shell none of the holes have been pre-drilled. Those ones you see listed for sale for DIY are basically Chinese shells and dip, will need tinkering to get the fit just right on your controller (we've had to shave down plastic near the triggers, etc.). The paint finish is good in my opinion but it's not the same as an original stock plastic shell.

jerrod710

Ok. How can I buy a replacement shell that is pre drilled and easy to swap out. The area around my left thumb stick is breaking apart. Well not breaking but wearing to where the stick hangs up. It's the second Viking berserker controller I have had that has done this. So instead of buying a controller I would like to just replace the shell since I have 2 berserkers already.

jerrod710

Nope it's just a standard shell none of the holes have been pre-drilled. Those ones you see listed for sale for DIY are basically Chinese shells and dip, will need tinkering to get the fit just right on your controller (we've had to shave down plastic near the triggers, etc.). The paint finish is good in my opinion but it's not the same as an original stock plastic shell.

Ok. I guess I submitted a support ticket now. Since now I'm having issues with my left thumb stick and right trigger. Need to send it in and get it fixed. I'm using a stock controller now and it sucks not having the switches on the bottom.

Last edited:

modded matt

its not just a matter of changing out the shell. There is alot of added components inside there that are glued in place. Without proper knowledge of how the controller was assembled, you may end up with a pile of broken parts. There will be soldering involved...

odingalt

Staff member
We're all shut down in terms of retail. If you're under warranty we've just been outright refunding people as there are no spare parts and no staff left to work on our retail business. We're 100% wholesale now.