New Firmware update .....

JIM WALKER

I have just added the new firmware update ........ PROBLEM !!!! ...... My anti recoil rune (activate with RT) when I pull RT to fire, within moments the weapon gradually points to the ground and stays there, suddenly removing ALL right stick control (as in RS becomes non functional), I have even returned to forge and changed the RS behaviour to "free movement" from up/down only, same result, any ideas anyone, it has to be the new firmware as it was fine before, sadly I cannot go back to the previous firmware as it has been removed .... anyone have a copy of firmware 3-2-2014zip they can post or send me ?????????????

OK, have acquired a copy of the older firmware, installed it and checked it in the BF4 test range, everything now works as before.

Suggest you hold off from updating until odin can check it out .....

Last edited:

bonefisher

Ok looks like you have got a copy! Just made it home from work! Going to be some long hours for a while!

JIM WALKER

Did you try making a whole new rune pack set with new runes?

No, must admit I didn't, wouldn't have made them any different, did change the behaviour to free movement but it made no difference, still didn't work, be interested to see if you get the same after update, (keep your older file though)

bonefisher

It is working so far! Just put a rapid fire with a separate anti recoil! Will test some more! Try making a new anti-recoil and giving it a try!

JIM WALKER

It is working so far! Just put a rapid fire with a separate anti recoil! Will test some more! Try making a new anti-recoil and giving it a try!

Ticket has been answered, they have my rune pack and instructions for use, they are going to test it using the new firmware to see where the fault is, (probably mine, lol)

will wait for a reply before I do anything else ....

bonefisher

How did you load the new filmware? Did you hit the reboot at the end or just unplug? I loaded it then unplugged without hitting reboot! Then loaded vrp. Then hit reboot on that!

odingalt

Staff member
I have just added the new firmware update ........ PROBLEM !!!! ...... My anti recoil rune (activate with RT) when I pull RT to fire, within moments the weapon gradually points to the ground and stays there, suddenly removing ALL right stick control (as in RS becomes non functional), I have even returned to forge and changed the RS behaviour to "free movement" from up/down only, same result, any ideas anyone, it has to be the new firmware as it was fine before, sadly I cannot go back to the previous firmware as it has been removed .... anyone have a copy of firmware 3-2-2014zip they can post or send me ?????????????

OK, have acquired a copy of the older firmware, installed it and checked it in the BF4 test range, everything now works as before.

Suggest you hold off from updating until odin can check it out .....

Hmm I logged in and tested your macro, and I am seeing the same thing (although in my case he looks up in the sky). However, I noticed that your anti-recoil rune doesn't have any joystick movement, your action appears to just hold the stick at dead-center. Does it help if you add a directionality/movement to the joystick?

None the less, the firmware is supposed to be able to handle properly handle when your rune specifies that the joystick is just to be held at "Dead center". It's too late tonight to get into debugging, but I'll look more at this special case tomorrow. In the mean time I would suggest trying adding a little up or down movement to your timeline.

bonefisher

Odin log on to mine! Everything was working fine til I put it through a test! I believe it is the cheat filter in game! Load my BATTLEFIELD PREMIUM PACK! It is working til you start going into the faster rapid fires then it has a fit! Also the light start blinking out after a while!

JIM WALKER

Hmm I logged in and tested your macro, and I am seeing the same thing (although in my case he looks up in the sky). However, I noticed that your anti-recoil rune doesn't have any joystick movement, your action appears to just hold the stick at dead-center. Does it help if you add a directionality/movement to the joystick?

None the less, the firmware is supposed to be able to handle properly handle when your rune specifies that the joystick is just to be held at "Dead center". It's too late tonight to get into debugging, but I'll look more at this special case tomorrow. In the mean time I would suggest trying adding a little up or down movement to your timeline.

That is weird, the joystick was originally set about a third of the way up, (I use inverted sticks btw), perhaps it changed it when I altered the directional behaviour, very odd, thanks, will check that out ........... OK, even more weird, just checked my anti recoil runes, they all show as I set them, none are zero/ set centre, anyway, going to make new ones and test, btw, adding a directional doesn't correct the issue ...

Last edited:

bonefisher

Jim: if you have a rapid fire turn it down a little and try because I think it could be the cheat filter catching it to screw things up!

bonefisher

So what is going on with the filmware? Been super busy with no time at the moment! Little update please!

odingalt

Staff member
So what is going on with the filmware? Been super busy with no time at the moment! Little update please!

Correct lol! Yes I have confirmed the issue Jim described, so the good news is this does not appear to be any issue with Jim's hardware but an issue with the firmware, will dive deeper into it tomorrow afternoon.

JIM WALKER

So I guess we are not suppose to update yet? I wish I read this 10 minutes ago

Its ok if you update, it seems to be ok for some folks, plus I think it depends on what runes you have, besides, if the update fails for you, then do as I did and re-install the previous version until odin gives the go ahead ....

mpfuzz2

Its ok if you update, it seems to be ok for some folks, plus I think it depends on what runes you have, besides, if the update fails for you, then do as I did and re-install the previous version until odin gives the go ahead ....
Thanks. I decided to just re-install previous for now. I am only using the Call Of Duty example right now. This is my first macro controller so I am not able to make the runes myself (at least functioning one haha)

odingalt

Staff member
Jim I am actively looking into this, right now I am not 100% sure if the bug is on the firmware side, or on the Viking Forge side. I'm still trying to get the bug repeated by drawing up new runes from scratch. I was able to get your particular rune to give me grief but I can't get it to happen (yet) when drawing a rune from scratch. But the way you described the rune changing itself, it sounds more like the rune got corrupted than anything?

odingalt

Staff member
Something just might on the forge side! I think from the get go the free movement was messed up!

Well, from the get go it wasn't messed up, it just wasn't even enabled yet on the firmware side :). And tweening wasn't enabled either. So the latest firmware just "does more" with analogs, but if there is some sort of other corruption going on it wouldn't have been uncovered until the firmware fully enabled free movement and tweening. :-x frustrating for all I try I cannot get the analog track to mess up like on Jim's anti recoil macro from last week.