New Forum Software - XenForo! Vbulletin is gone...

odingalt

Staff member
Hi all;

We have gotten rid of Vbulletin 4. Vbulletin has no security whatsoever and the Vbulletin team stopped releasing security updates for Vbulletin 4, as they wanted to push customers to make the paid upgrade to Vbulletin 5. I don't know about you guys, but I don't take kindly to highway robbery. So after getting our Vbulletin forums hacked for the umpteenth time, it was way past time to make a change. And I sure wasn't going to upgrade to VB5 based on the lackluster security included in VB4!

We didn't search long - in fact we didn't search at all - to find the replacement software for our forums in XenForo. We had seen a demo of this software several years back. Have heard nothing but good things about it from some business associates, so we went ahead and purchased the license and did the conversion without even checking it out on a test server first.

Data conversion was a breeze, the admin control panel is very clean and tidy. The forums look great. Better than Vbulletin in my humble opinion.

I never did get used to that Vbulletin 4 look when we switched from PHPBB over to Vbulletin. The VB4 admin control panel was just awful. It's anti-spam features didn't work, and it was a headache to manually approve users, meaning users were always waiting to get approved. XenForo gives me a back fat notice right on the top toolbar (only admins can see) when users are waiting for approval or have reported a post for review.

So far I'm happy and I haven't even been using the software for 5 minutes. But that's just my opinion, you guys spend more time here than I do, so let me know what you think!

JIM WALKER

Love the look of it so far, easier to read and follow, simple to use, good choice boss .... Mind you, looks weird seeing myself as a "new member" .. lol

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I like it! Great choice Odin. Its deffenently a long overdue upgrade. Glade to see its working out better for u modifying wise and just sharper looking to us the users!

bonefisher

Now I have to find something cool to put in my pic since that is so big! lol! Did you finish for sharing yet on the Berserker?