New here looking for a Chip

lotec25

Hello,

I am new here, and i have been reading on the Viking chip. are there any of these still for sale? I have looked threw ebay and searched google but I am not having much luck.

Thanks

Ben

Sorry no.

That is the old "Legacy" Chip which has been discontinued I'm afraid.

Fredrow

Hey lotec25, I'm sorry that our team didn’t take the time to answer your question properly, but at least I'm here to give you a real answer and to unlock this topic. (just a side note I'm not sure why moderators are going around and locking down so many topics) But to answer your question there is one place you might be able to get a DIY chip of the purple legacy Viking360 board; go and check out www.foundmy.com they might have some still for sale. I hope this helps.....

lotec25

Fredrow,

Yep i did find a few chips on there, I am just trying to figure out the difference out between the mods. Chip should be here in a few days.

thanks again

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

lotec25 said:
so what is the big difference? between the Raven and the Hammer?
raven doesnt use the sync to change modes like the hammer does.....so you basically don't need to worry about accidentally desyncing......also you should install the 3.5mm jack because if you use the PnC to program the controller you wont be able to charge the controller through the PnC port.

Fredrow

[attachment=4:3nkhiwpa]Bottom-shell_(3.5mm-jack_mark).JPG[/attachment:3nkhiwpa][attachment=3:3nkhiwpa]3.5mm jack_(pins).JPG[/attachment:3nkhiwpa][attachment=2:3nkhiwpa]3.5mm jack_(wire2pins).JPG[/attachment:3nkhiwpa][attachment=1:3nkhiwpa]3.5mm jack_(wire-twistUP).JPG[/attachment:3nkhiwpa][attachment=0:3nkhiwpa]3.5mm jack_(installed).JPG[/attachment:3nkhiwpa]

lotec25

Fredrow,

Thanks for the pics, One question it looks as though in the 2nd pic, i am guessing female side where the 3.5 jack plugs in is pointing down into the clamp correct? If so how is the jack installed in the last pic?

As i was i think i figured it out, that part of the controller body is on a slope.